Slick 50 engine treatement

daverclasper

Trouble with the remain/leave thing is - we know what remain is like. And possibly what is coming. (Eu army compulsory euro? more central control etc) 

we don’t know what leave is like. Not now.  We know historically what it was like , but that is some 30 odd years ago and things have changed. 

And everyone has different views of what the landscape will be like post Brexit.  Most politicians seem to suggest it will be dire. Massive food and supplies shortages. Mass unemployment. 

brexiters see a land of utopia and untold wealth. 

1 hour ago, Spitfire6 said:

Terraclean. What a V.expensive that additive is? Your injectors would have to be mega shagged for it to be worth the expense.

It’s often quoted on the Land Rover forums as being really good - but has been debunked several times as having absolutely no effect what so ever. None of the claims have stood up to scrutiny. 

I also talk from experience.

Just bought a 206cc 2L @90K miles and Ed the man said it could be good for a car at this mileage with no service history.

Cost me over a 100 quid plus.

Within 3 days of "clean!":

Rear exhaust box fell off and had to be replaced.

Lost a tank of fuel.

Stuck on a motorway smoking.

Apart from all additional costs and time = no difference to MPG or power. LOL.

What a **at? 

Cheers,

Iain.

PS. Ed China & not me.

• Like 1

Never used additives, always believed that the better the claimed improvement the only improvement was to the suppliers pocket 

Sometimes think I am wrong.

Did not have an endowment mortgage so can not claim.

Never took ppi on loans so can not claim

Do not have a diesel car, when advised by government to do so.

Must be others. Please add to list.

Regards

Paul

43 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Never used additives, always believed that the better the claimed improvement the only improvement was to the suppliers pocket 

Do not have a diesel car, when advised by government to do so.

Must be others. Please add to list.

Regards

Paul

Married?.......

Tony.

44 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

We had an endowment mortgage.  Checked the wording on the form we signed. Can’t claim

Have had loans in the past. Not knowingly taken out ppi  - but have recently done one of those we will check for you and take a lump off the top. Given that I can’t  be arsed to go through it all, any money I get is a bonus.  My parents have done it twice and got a payout both times  

I ran my own company, I thought PPI was a good idea to protect my mortgage re-payments.

I asked Cheltenham and Gloucester "Why haven't I got it?" 

C & G said "Computer says NO!" 

Self employed, bad risk apparently, I wonder if I could claim for discrimination?

db

17 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

I take it you are referring to the remain campaign promises etc.

Regards

Paul

Referring to, that the all potential voters, may have been misinformed, not given enough info on the implications, to make an informed choice to remain or leave.

Cheers, Dave 

Edited by daverclasper

5 minutes ago, daverclasper said:

Referring to, that the all voters, may have been misinformed, not given enough info on the implications.

Cheers, Dave 

The politicians didn't even know what they were letting the country in for. It hasn't changed they still don't know.

Although I live in france & have French nationality (as well as British) I do keep a watch on the "progress", even to the point of having signed up to get all the notifications of every document issued, plans put in place or on standby etc including advice for UK nationals living in the various EU countries. Every time there has been one for Brits in France the info has been the same as always, with just a comment about how it might or might not change in the future.

Does anyone know how much it is costing to do all this pre Brxit stuff? I get occasional updates on the sums spent on legal advice & communication fees. Hundreds of thousands at a time.

Recently saw that the Gouv. had given out 3 contracts to shiping companies in case they are needed to increase the number of ferries across the channel. the total was £140 million. One of the contracts for £14 million went to Seaborne. A shipping company with no experience in lorry traffic, they don't have any suitable boats and are "planning" to put in place by mid March (i.e. they have nothing set up at present) to use Oostende and Ramsgate. Two ports that haven't done any cross channel shipping for around 4 years. Therefore no staff, equipment not serviced and acess not dredged. Heaven help us all... "We're all doomed" as the man said.

My nearest cross channel ferry port, Ouistreham, does 3 crossings per day but have said that should there be no deal the extra delays in loading and unloading will reduce this to 2 per day.

There are no winners with Brexit only various degrees of losers.

Rant over, normal service can now resume.

Why should I even care? I have French nationality am completely in the system (I'm even a local councillor) so no worries there. Oh, exchange rate! S**t, Both my State and private pensions have dropped in Euros since the referendum.

I for one will be glad when it is all over and things settle down.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 2

56 minutes ago, Chris A said:

There are no winners with Brexit only various degrees of losers.

Consider it a divorce. It's going to cost, particularly in lawyers and legal fees in the short term, but it'll be the long-term rebuild that really matters.

If you ignore the big domineering players like France and Germany, and the idiotic give-nothing-take-all hangers-on like Ireland, there are a number of mid-range countries watching to see how the UK goes, as they're interested in leaving too. In a year or so things might be quite surprising. 

13 hours ago, Spitfire6 said:

Within 3 days of "clean!":

Rear exhaust box fell off and had to be replaced.

Hardly the result of the engine clean, unless the released power became more than the exhaust could handle?  :)

I was buying a bathroom mirror recently, and was checking reviews on Amazon; there was a concave mirror which the buyer gave a really negative review to, as he had placed it on his bathroom wall where the sunlight caught it and the magnified rays melted his uPvc window frame. Not really the fault of the mirror.... 

27 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

In a year or so things might be quite surprising. 

Saw some "talking heads" on the TV this morning, one said "Don't make the mistake of thinking this will be all over in a couple of months, this will rumble on for 20 years."

So that's reassuring.  :wacko:

Doug

Are talking heads self important or experts?, we are where we are because of experts i.e drips under pressure.

Talking to a chap from Ireland in a pub the other day, he said he voted remain, who expressed the view that Ireland would follow us out.

Hell of a thread if this continues for twenty more years.

Regards

Paul

The referendum demographic was that the older the voter the more likely they voted leave. The younger the voter the more likely they voted remain. The outcome was close but the oldies won. However, as the oldies fall off their perches the pendulum will swing the other way and the "Democratic Will of the Peoples Party" will offer a referendum to try and rid their party of Euro nutters. And off we go again. :lol:

db

49 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

The referendum demographic was that the older the voter the more likely they voted leave. The younger the voter the more likely they voted remain. The outcome was close but the oldies won. However, as the oldies fall off their perches the pendulum will swing the other way and the "Democratic Will of the Peoples Party" will offer a referendum to try and rid their party of Euro nutters. And off we go again. :lol:

db

But what caused the oldies to fall off their perches!😯

Dave 

2 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

db

But when the young folk become old folk will they change their minds?

Watch this space!