Bag of Sand.

Paula

Hello Paula,

Do you want the panel sprayed by the bodyshop or is that something you may want to do ??

As such just getting "them" to cut the rot out and then making good with the new metal work being fitted ??

Regards.

Richard. 

51 minutes ago, classiclife said:

Hello Paula,

Do you want the panel sprayed by the bodyshop or is that something you may want to do ??

As such just getting "them" to cut the rot out and then making good with the new metal work being fitted ??

Regards.

Richard. 

I’m not bad with a rattle can, but I’d never be happy if it’s a larger area. If it’s only a little patch I’m happy to have a go.

I don’t have a garage, so it’s a little tricky on the road. 

There is also "Laura the weld" just north of Colchester, but as her name implies, she just welds, so you have to do the rest afterwards.

She has repaired about half a dozen TR body shells for a friend, quality of work is excellent.

She is now setup in a small workshop, so prices have gone up to cover rents etc, but still excellent value, she has a waiting list for bigger jobs.

And for future home "repairs" where the area may get wet, use a fibreglass filler. I have had very handy results with this stuff

U-pol FIBRAL brigging Sandable Glass Fibre Repair Filler 600ml UPOL

including a repair to the roof gutters on my Toledo that I carried out 9-10 years ago, and still fine. The previous repair/respray had left a layer of normal filler, which had absorbed water rusting the metal to the extent bits were missing. A proper welded repair would have been uneconomical as the car cost £500 a year or so earlier. I was uncertain how the fibreglass would last, but it has been fantastic. Normal filler is very porus, fibreglass is totally waterproof. And is excellent at bridging gaps.

• Like 1

If you want a London option I can semi-recommend Mech Weld in Catford - https://www.facebook.com/pages/Mech-Weld/1438198176420723

I say semi-recommend as it's where my local (friendly and helpful) MOT place recommended for welding on my 2000 (though so far every time I've gotten close to trying them something else has falled off the car and delayed things again).

I did the gloopy option a couple of years ago. I did use fibreglass and some black sticky stuff that ruined my lovely red overalls!

I think it's beyond that now. It's just in such a hard to reach place.

I can find this panel (pictured)  but not the panel that goes across the back under the rear window. Is that called the deck?

Just getting all the options together.

image.png.ee444d2d0fa59b4690acad06723d11e7.png

3 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

I think off the top of my head, that the deck is unavailable but try Chic Doig - he makes repair sections right up to replacement panels and can probably supply the bit you need.

That's good news.

24 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

roof off (6 bolts , 2 screws) and some careful weld might be a option 

rather than any repair sections 

Pete

That would be the best case. 
I hope so.

Then what do I spend the money on???!

4 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

is a tin of chemimetal acceptable ????

but i cant drive for another 3 weeks   Pah!!!      

Doug will have to de tour and taxi me     Ha 

pete

Everyone around Pete’s!

BYOP