Au Revoir

SixasStandard

Hello All,

The Vitesse was collected by its new owner yesterday, so in the space of 3 days I've gone from owning 2 classics to owning no classics! I'm hoping to rectify that tomorrow when I drive down to London to view a project Series 5 Sunbeam Alpine.

Anyway, as I'm no longer a Triumph owner I'll be bowing out of the TSSC Forum. I just wanted to say thank you to other Forum members for their support during my (albeit brief) Triumph ownership, and for sharing their knowledge and experience so generously. I really do think that this Forum stands out amongst its peers, and it was a pleasure to be part of it for a short time.

I wish you all well for the future, with clear skies and open roads.

Ian 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2

enjoy the journey into uncharted ownership   cracking cars the Alpine 

I hate members who get their hands  on an Alpine  its what i ordered from the factory but 1st sprog  put it in the cancelled file 

series 5 should have the adjustable pedal box   great if you have long legs  ....or short legs  

have fun    you can still keep us up to date on here theres a few Alpine owners  around this forum 

Pete

Ian, you really don’t need to go,.  East Berks meet at the Shire Horse and the Sunbeam club started coming on the same evening. They are honorary members. Our 6s sound better than their Alpines, but the Tigers have no competition.

You have to access the rear spark plugs on the Tiger through an access panel INSIDE the cabin. Not a lot of people know that. It’s very tight in that engine bay! 

Doug

21 hours ago, SixasStandard said:

I drive down to London to view a project Series 5 Sunbeam Alpine.

I was seriously considering buying an Alpine (also honed in on the series 5) so have a number of books and an original Rootes workshop manual which covers the engine.  Can sort them out and give you a price if you're interested.  

Good luck with your project Alpine S5.   Personally I would be very glad if you shared that and its subsequent restoration with us here.  

Pete.

11 hours ago, Bfg said:

I was seriously considering buying an Alpine (also honed in on the series 5) so have a number of books and an original Rootes workshop manual which covers the engine.  Can sort them out and give you a price if you're interested.  

Good luck with your project Alpine S5.   Personally I would be very glad if you shared that and its subsequent restoration with us here.  

Pete.

Thanks Pete,

I've managed to acquire quite a library myself over the last 8 years, so I'm pretty well fixed for reference material. Thanks for thinking of me though. If you wanted to let them go you'll be surprised how much that sort of thing fetches on E-Bay..........would definitely pay for a few rounds down at the local!

Ian

10 hours ago, SixasStandard said:

OK.....you've talked me into it........I'll continue to bore you all senseless with the Alpine restoration............... and you've only got yourselves to blame!! 

Ian

Yeah, we want to see the Alpine.

11 hours ago, SixasStandard said:

it........I'll continue to bore you all senseless with the Alpine restoration

It was a toss up between an Alpine and a Vitesse when I was looking. I like fins! 

Glad you're staying and look forward to being bored! 

Iain