No fuel

cliff.b

I love a run out to a pub for lunch, dinner etc and the run back. I have only ever done one organised run out. Never again. I hate driving in convoy as the best of times, but having to constantly watching the car in front, being cut up by overtaking drivers frustrated at being stuck behind all these ancient relics. Driving and enjoying the scenary is bad enough these days without having to think about playing follow my leader. As for driving tens of miles to get to the venue and then driving somewhere else, only to eventually have to find your way home..sorry, not for me. That's assuming that the meeting is still at the same venue advertised on the club website (sorry..personal greivance!!!). Yes, Mr Grumpy strikes again...miserable old sod!!!!!

10 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I love a run out to a pub for lunch, dinner etc and the run back. I have only ever done one organised run out. Never again. I hate driving in convoy as the best of times, but having to constantly watching the car in front, being cut up by overtaking drivers frustrated at being stuck behind all these ancient relics. Driving and enjoying the scenary is bad enough these days without having to think about playing follow my leader. As for driving tens of miles to get to the venue and then driving somewhere else, only to eventually have to find your way home..sorry, not for me. That's assuming that the meeting is still at the same venue advertised on the club website (sorry..personal greivance!!!). Yes, Mr Grumpy strikes again...miserable old sod!!!!!

You are doing the runs with the wrong people, you need to find a group who drive more enthusiasticaly and do the  overtaking!

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Driven yes but endured... no. I don't mind a lovely scenic run in the sun, but a switchback railway of a follow-my-leader along narrow lanes just to add a few miles to the run is no fun. One of the reasons I sold the GT6, too much likelihood of damage or accident. A 30 mile main road trip becomes 100 miles of backroads that shake the teeth out of your head, and just to make a run last to teatime. Ok for them young 'uns, but us oldies.... :)

You are not old! But maybe a time to change to a big saloon, nice and compliant. 

52 minutes ago, clive said:

You are not old!

Define 'old'. It is a sliding scale depending on the age of the person. I remember, just, when anyone aged 30 was old. Then looking forward to the Beatles track 'when I'm 64'. My next marker will be, I suppose 76 paperclips sorry, trombones. 😵

3 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

abandoned sainsbugs this morning idiots queueing round the car park 

didnt look at the price but panic is pointless you only save it the once and with a fill up maybe £50-70  a coule of quid is pointless even if your broke 

Pete

popped into Asda fuel station last night on the way home from a club meeting. Self service was open, but no diesel at all, and most of the petrol pumps that are not self service were tagged up as no fuel.

Worrying times agan.

Wish Putin would hurry up and have his heart attack...

It does seem that you in the UK are having some difficulties, it could simply be that the panic buyers are sucking the supply chain dry and there isn't a real shortage, as is often the case.

It might explain why over the last week I've seen more GB/UK stickers on cars around here. Or are they just nipping over to fill up with our fuel? 🙄 Not the Teslas though of course, seen 3 this last week all white ( do they only come in white?) maybe our electricity is cheaper then yours 🙄

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

It does seem that you in the UK are having some difficulties, it could simply be that the panic buyers are sucking the supply chain dry and there isn't a real shortage, as is often the case.

Over here it's a shortage of delivery drivers plus the ferry problems. Now that we've lost P&O Stena are trying to fill the gap but not very well at present.

2 hours ago, Chris A said:

It might explain why over the last week I've seen more GB/UK stickers on cars around here. Or are they just nipping over to fill up with our fuel? 🙄 Not the Teslas though of course, seen 3 this last week all white ( do they only come in white?) maybe our electricity is cheaper then yours 🙄

Germans are jumping the border because France's fuel is a good 15-20 cents cheaper than here. Luxemburg as well.. even cheaper.. Switzerland has always been cheaper...

51 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Over here it's a shortage of delivery drivers plus the ferry problems. Now that we've lost P&O Stena are trying to fill the gap but not very well at present.

I'm surprised you don't have a pipeline. It could be multi-functional depending on demand. When you need to fill up the petrol stations you import petrol when Britain needs to stock up on beer you pump it over to them . . .

15 minutes ago, DVD3500 said:

Germans are jumping the border because France's fuel is a good 15-20 cents cheaper than here. Luxemburg as well.. even cheaper.. Switzerland has always been cheaper...

The fact that there is currently a big rise in 'transfrontalier' trade has been reported on the news. Apparently it might soon stop, or even reverse, as Germany - I gather- is going to be cutting the tax on it as well.

I like to fill up in Andorra when I am in the area . . .

33 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'm surprised you don't have a pipeline. It could be multi-functional depending on demand. When you need to fill up the petrol stations you import petrol when Britain needs to stock up on beer you pump it over to them . . .

Politics! 60% of the country are trying to strengthen links with the mainland, the other 40% are trying to prevent that. Why go to the expense of having a pipeline when you can get all your power from down South? You should have heard the rows recently when Boris suggested building a bridge...

5 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

You should have heard the rows recently when Boris suggested building a bridge...

I can understand that. Either the bridge would end up on the Isle of Man or stop 500 metres short of Ireland.

56 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

there has been disrupted supplies due to some low life protesters at distribution centres 

Pete

Saw that on F-B. Punters wheren`t impresssed with my "suggestion" to spray them with 95ron unleaded and stand waving a box of Matches.

Pete, (the pyro?).

2 hours ago, PeteH said:

Saw that on F-B. Punters wheren`t impresssed with my "suggestion" to spray them with 95ron unleaded and stand waving a box of Matches.

Pete, (the pyro?).

I can understand why there was a fuss. Think of the pollution it would cause. 🤪

• Haha 1