Confused by the v5 log book

Kelv

I`m not going to be "popular" then. My 13/60, already has PAS, will get MX5 Seats, and Non Standard Reel belts. As well as a "home brew" Tow bar. And if anyone can point me at a decent set of Alloys??.

Pete

3 hours ago, PeteH said:

a decent set of Alloys?

When I bought my Vitesse it had some rather unusual Cosmic Mk4 alloys fitted, which didn't really suit it. I had them refurbished and put them on the GT6. They're period correct for that, but would originally have been fitted to a Lotus, I believe.

I guess Anything "like" that would be personal taste specific?. My thoughs where towords the "minilite". They where Fairly "period". and definitely looked the "business" on our (one time) Capri 2000S (which was in a rather strident orange, Black trim and "brightwork").

Pete

15 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I guess Anything "like" that would be personal taste specific?. My thoughs where towords the "minilite". They where Fairly "period". and definitely looked the "business" on our (one time) Capri 2000S (which was in a rather strident orange, Black trim and "brightwork").

Pete

But minilites (and all the variations) are rather too common, although I do have a set on my Spitfir e(for now, they were cheap and the correct size I wanted)

On a herald/vitesse, I still think the lp293 steel wheel is the best looking on the cars, although prices are now substantial. The smoothie new versions are cheaper and still rather good.

A Lot will hang on availabily, right price, and spec;, plus how well the current chrome hub caps and embellisers scrub up. They are currently trading at upward of 40quid each on flea bay for undamaged reasonable one`s, when I last looked.

Pete

2 hours ago, clive said:

On a herald/vitesse, I still think the lp293 steel wheel is the best looking on the cars

I put my Vitesse back on standard steel wheels because I think they look best. I've also put my Spitfire back to that type (it had Mk4 oval-hole wheels before the rebuild). I had a big stack of them but they cost £65 per wheel to be refurbished.

27 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I put my Vitesse back on standard steel wheels because I think they look best. I've also put my Spitfire back to that type (it had Mk4 oval-hole wheels before the rebuild). I had a big stack of them but they cost £65 per wheel to be refurbished.

Oops, LP923. Bit of fat finger syndrome crept in...

like the 5.5 width as it adds a subtle note of purposefulmess about a car. A shame I can't get a steel wheel (apart from the MGF spare wheel type which have the wrong offset) in 14" for my cars. Though I suppose I could have MGF type banded... And yes, 14" as the tyres I want are not available in 13"☹️

48 minutes ago, NonMember said:

I like the original steel wheels. I know it's all down to personal taste but with me personally, it's the era I like - all chrome and shine - so a good set of hubcaps and maybe wheel embellishers (depends on the car and how good the wheels are) really set it off. I didn't realise hub caps were so expensive; I've a few NOS sets bought years ago that were about £20 online but good ones still appear quite cheaply.

I like my hub caps and embelishers,  mind, when changing them from 3.5 to 4.5 you need to 'adjust' the inner lip to get the hubcap on. Bit of a nightmare.

I also had an accident with one when the hubcap came off and the TPMS cap held the trim on the wheel for 15 feet :(

Good job I have loads of spares!

20220128_144630.jpg

20220315_082158.jpg

4 minutes ago, Kelv said:

The bonnet catches clamp into metal receiving brackets. One of mine has snapped. What do i search for to get a replacement?

The receiving bracket has snapped

1 hour ago, Jeffds1360 said:

Good job I have loads of spares!

When I last MOT'd the red Herald convertible I lost two hubcaps, one on the way to MOT - it took off like a flying saucer - and one on the way back which tried to overtake me. I never found that one. 

And furthermore I walked on the 13/60 rim embellisher yesterday; hope it straightens out!

7 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

And furthermore I walked on the 13/60 rim embellisher yesterday; hope it straightens out!

Got a pile of various types of those in my garage, can`t remember where from as i have never had them on a car.

S

30 minutes ago, Steve P said:

Got a pile of various types of those in my garage, can`t remember where from as i have never had them on a car.

S

I you mean the embelishers,  Have you got one like my damaged one Steve? I would like to have a full set spare ?

If it is the catches, ..... sorry :)

17 hours ago, PeteH said:

Should`nt be impossible to fabricate?. I would`nt have thought?.

Pete

I was thinking the same actually. I've got a mig welder too so could repair the old one I think. But I've bought a couple now from eBay, following the link I got here. Ace! Thaks go to Colin.