Not for Triumph - cobblers pliers?

Colin Lindsay

This is a call for help, if anyone knows where I'd get a set of cobblers leather stretching pliers also called bunnion or callus pliers. My father-in-law, having trouble with his feet, went to a shoe shop with me recently and the girl produced a pair of these, proceeding to stretch the shoe leather on his new shoes exactly where required. He now wants a set for himself!! I've searched the net, lots of photos but any that have been for sale are now gone. If anyone knows of a set, or a likely source let me know and you'll be on Santa's good boy list for December.

b1984067a65172cddf3f3c8747800367--cobbler-guild-893639248.jpg.a9a90ebd7e1219f2a9948bd4c4548879.jpg  Vintage-Lightning-Bunion-Pliers.thumb.jpg.fb5397fb5399951f614bf77a5cc1de84.jpg

Spotted those already, Paul - there's just something about the finish I don't like! the Net is full of photos of old, almost antique versions, and I reckon that as an 82 year old engineer he'd like something solid, almost blacksmith-made. I'll keep trawling the auctions and hope something comes up. It needs to be the small localised area-stretcher as in the photo so large shoe expanders as in Doug's link aren't suitable. (Thanks anyway Doug!!)

5 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Spotted those already, Paul - there's just something about the finish I don't like! the Net is full of photos of old, almost antique versions, and I reckon that as an 82 year old engineer he'd like something solid, almost blacksmith-made. I'll keep trawling the auctions and hope something comes up. It needs to be the small localised area-stretcher as in the photo so large shoe expanders as in Doug's link aren't suitable. (Thanks anyway Doug!!)

It's a long shot Colin, but Google 'The Tool Squirrel' who is my son and send him the photos. He has four shipping containers full of stuff from farms and garage clearances. Bull Castration tools look similar to those. (Painful to observe). It may get him away from the blessed football.

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, 68vitesse said:

Bought a stretcher shrinker of eBay yesterday, Thursday, afternoon delivered before 1pm today, Friday. Had a quick play and it seems to work ok.

Regards

Paul

If had not seen what this post was about......I would have thought I was on 'the other site'

Who delivered that then?

Not Evri I'm sure!