Another Trunnion Question

John,

I'm more Basil Boothroyd than Major B. And yes, mangled Bond & Dirty Harry quotes. The pictures don't do it justice, there's nothing with it to put it's size in context. It looked quite normal until it arrived  :o  Club shop now want £53.40 for it, must be worth that in scrap metal value. I'll charge up the camera and see what I can do.

Doug

17 hours ago, JohnD said:

I'd love to see if someone will please Photoshop it, him holding up the Punk with a Harrison 1/8" OIl gun.

It's the best I can do at this time of night. First one I've done actually so it took some head scratching.
(Trump-Kim summit just starting so I hope that's not how I spent my last hour :wacko: sorry if that breaks the no politics rule, it's a just gag, i hope)

Oily Harry ?

Oily Harry.jpg

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10 June 2018 at 1:21 PM, Gully said:

Thanks for the trunnion query replies. Having only recently cured pad pull back on my front calipers I don't immediately relish stripping the hub, so will put off for a little longer! I did try jacking the front and forcing the grease through with EP90 this morning, but to no avail. At least the offside has been oiled again! I plan to pick up a new near side trunnion and solder the cap prior to fitting.

Thanks, Gully

Well I soldered the new trunnion last weekend and as the sun was shining today with nothing on telly except for the inflated pigs bladder chasers, I've stripped the hub, cleaned out the CV grease from the vertical link and rebuilt it filled with EP90. It may be my imagination, but I'm sure the steering is lighter!

Gully

Must get one of those - I have a big (As big I would guess) grease gun - which I've had since I had a Beetle (so 35years ago) and I don't think I've refilled it with grease since its first fill! ?

But not one for oil - and I need to oil everything up. 

I should have bought one when I was at the Twiddle day. ?

2 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Ive got two old Wanners

One I wanner use for oil and the other I wanner use for grease

They dont leak

Pete

Ditto - and they don't take up as much room as Doug's monster! My Dad bought one of them back in the 1960s for his Morris 1000 and I picked up the second one from the autojumble at Luton Transport Festival 3 or 4 years ago.

Gully

6 hours ago, Gully said:

Ditto - and they don't take up as much room as Doug's monster! My Dad bought one of them back in the 1960s for his Morris 1000 and I picked up the second one from the autojumble at Luton Transport Festival 3 or 4 years ago.

Gully

Purchased 2 Wanners from Fleabay . Just the job

Paul 

• Thanks 1