Out for a spin

hilly10

New Year's Day Classic Car gathering at The Elsted Inn, Elsted March, West Sussex.  Good turnout of Southern Area Triumphs, if overwhelmed by Morgans, with three GT6s (mine, Neil Fletcher's blue Mk1 and Dave Burden's) and entertained by Morris Dancers and a folk band.

Happy new Year to one and all.

Dick

2019 New Years Day (1).JPG

• Like 4

Hello,

TSSC East Sussex met-up for a lunchtime drive today and also joined by a couple from West Sussex TSSC as well.

A circular rural route of over thirty miles from The Lamb pub at Piltdown in East Sussex; concluding with a very decent lunch for the fifteen participants.

http://lambpiltdown.co.uk/

Great motoring, convivial company and an excellent start to 2019.

Thanks to all those that attended.

Regards.

Richard.

DSC00269.JPG

DSC00270.JPG

DSC00271.JPG

Some of the TSSC (& CT) Cambridge group went to the classic car meet at Barrington today. Tom's Herald, Tim's TR5, Andy's Spitfire and my GT6 - plus other regular faces not in their Herald and some not-so-regular folks-we-know among the Vitesses and Stags scattered between Rolls Royces, Jaguars, Mustangs... quite an eclectic gathering.IMG_20190101_133817634.thumb.jpg.cf88831380ac3e973aa97d936910dc4d.jpg

• Like 3

I had planned to go out this morning - or just after lunch - but the weather was a bit meeh, but then at about 3:30 or so, the clouds cleared and was a little brighter - so went for a quite 10mile run - just to check the suspension really - and I'm pleased - the back in particular feels much nicer :) Front might be a little high - but I'll see how it settles over the coming months.

Got back and it was a little dark - but the lights all work just fine - as does the heater - to a fashion anyway - kept getting the odd waft of heat! Roof down of course! 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Anglefire said:

I had planned to go out this morning - or just after lunch - but the weather was a bit meeh, but then at about 3:30 or so, the clouds cleared and was a little brighter - so went for a quite 10mile run - just to check the suspension really - and I'm pleased - the back in particular feels much nicer :) Front might be a little high - but I'll see how it settles over the coming months.

Got back and it was a little dark - but the lights all work just fine - as does the heater - to a fashion anyway - kept getting the odd waft of heat! Roof down of course! 

And nobody nicked your rear shocks, camera is working well :) :) 

Tony.

• Haha 1

I'm looking forward to some snow and ice so I can go and do some drifting and donuts in the local trading estate. Too much weight on the nose and none on the back makes my Spit6 the prefect tool for the job. I'm sure I'll be called a perfect 'tool' for doing that, but frankly my dears, I don't give a damn. 😁

HNY all. 

• Like 1

On the contrary Shaun, I think everybody should get out on snow and ice in a safe place as its great practice. Far better to experience what its like, how easy it is to lose control and what you can try n do about it before it happens on the road....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, ShaunW said:

I'm looking forward to some snow and ice so I can go and do some drifting and donuts in the local trading estate. Too much weight on the nose and none on the back makes my Spit6 the prefect tool for the job. I'm sure I'll be called a perfect 'tool' for doing that, but frankly my dears, I don't give a damn. 😁

HNY all. 

I used to do that when i was a kid...............  And still do it now when i get a chance :) :) 

Tony.

2 hours ago, johny said:

On the contrary Shaun, I think everybody should get out on snow and ice in a safe place as its great practice. Far better to experience what its like, how easy it is to lose control and what you can try n do about it before it happens on the road....

I agree. One snowy day a few years ago, I was on the way to work in my 2.5PI estate. The A10 was too busy to cross easily so I took a small detour up it to the next junction. That was all fine but the road I thus turned into had not been gritted. Quite unintentionally, I came round the double-back-on-yourself bend completely sideways, much to the horror of a colleague approaching from the opposite end of the junction! (It was my right of way so he was stopping anyway and well clear - he just worried about me hitting a kerb). Much better to have practised recovering from that beforehand.