Enormous auction of Triumph parts!

JohnD

Came across this via 'another place', where it is suggested that this represents the residue of a notorious Triumph restorer's bankruptcy.   If anyone suffered there, they may recognise their own parts!

https://www.bidspotter.co.uk/en-gb/auction-catalogues/timed/eddisons/catalogue-id-eddiso10876?archivesearch=False&page=1&fbclid=IwAR1ONGomW1gA0phEO-V4GmAIXPH8HN8OK1gEP7JVl0X_tkDEHR0NfTl0q2w#lot-dbc6b734-f4cd-48f0-a90d-ac5a010cb540

John

29 minutes ago, JohnD said:

Came across this via 'another place', where it is suggested that this represents the residue of a notorious Triumph restorer's bankruptcy.   

Sounds ominous!

I'd love half an hour going through those boxes, though. Sort of a 'Supermarket Sweep' type of thing...

18 minutes ago, steveweblin said:

I wonder what has happened to the moulds etc from the plastic body Spitfire T6?

moved to a different company ownership I expect. It is what LTD companies do...... Or it becomes personally owned by the directors. Funny how many companies go under, and then the directors set up either another company, or if barred, sole traders doing exactly what they did before, with stock "removed" from the company.

4 minutes ago, clive said:

moved to a different company ownership I expect. It is what LTD companies do...... Or it becomes personally owned by the directors. Funny how many companies go under, and then the directors set up either another company, or if barred, sole traders doing exactly what they did before, with stock "removed" from the company.

Looks like it’s S&M Classics ltd now 

Paul 

Roger, if they are bankrupt stock (big if) then it is teh liquidators selling it. To get monies back to repay the debters, not the old owners.

Entirely possible people will want to buy their own parts that were "stolen" by the company. Galling but may be the only way forward to getting cars back on the road.

S&M TRIUMPH RESTORATION LIMITED went to members voluntary liquidation 14/11/2018 according to companies house.  This is old news see https://www.tr-register.co.uk/article/2018/11/0166/SM-Triumph-Restoration-Ltd-enters-liquidation

The auction is said to be on behalf of an Administrator acting on holdings of S & M Ltd.   I can not find either "Holdings of S & M Ltd" or "S & M Ltd" listed.

So the business would appear to have failed again but not not sure what it name it was actually registered under....

S&M T6 TRIUMPH SPITFIRE LE MANS LTD is currently listed as an active company.  However the T6 moulds are in the auction item 20.

Capture.JPG

1 hour ago, RogerH said:

That proposal of notice makes very interesting reading. 

I wonder if the administrator realises he is being hoodwinked or perhaps it is part of the way it works.

Roger

it seems companies go into liquidation for a few reasons.

1. The genuinely fall on hard times and debts overcome the company

2. As above, but personal sudden changes

3. The company director fleeces the assets and grabs everything they can, essentially saying "stuff you" to all the customers who may have goods owing (or in the case of this cars being restored). This sort of liquidation is horrendous for everybody except the directors, and the directors hide behind the LTD company keeping all their assets. 

I am sure it is more complicated than that, but it seems to be happening at the moment. Beware anybody having work done on a car, if it is in a workshop when the company liquidates, at best you may get what's left of your car back. Less everything that has been removed etc. Galling to say the least. (yes, that is what appears to have happened to more when a more respected trader/garage liquidated recently)

It looks like the main creditor is HMRC.

That perhaps changes the complexion of what is happening. Nobody has a higher claim to anything than HMRC can.

I can not see that the administrator will be selling anything that has a claim on it, as owners can see what is on offer and will have contacted him with proof of ownership. 

Or are we saying the administrator is denying all legitimate claims and pressing ahead? He does have to get as much as possible for the taxman.

I have been told that there are certain people trying to dissuade potential buyers so they can mop up lots at bargain prices. Possible I suppose.

• 2 weeks later...

In 1991, My computer was in the hands of the supplier for "Warranty" work. Hard drive had failed. The company went bust and I duly made a claim, And a Claim against my household insurance too. In total I got £99 from the insurance after my £50 "excess". And in 2001 a cheque for 21pence as my part of the final disbursement!.

Pete.