Shattered vacuum advance hose carb/dizzy!

Jeffds1360

Yes, that hose is particularly stiff/brittle I can't think of anything else on the cars like it, I guess originally it was the only bit of plastic on the engine? I suppose we could use something a bit more resilient now? However my GT6 sat outside on the road through the bad winter of 78/79 and started every morning. But age and deterioration brings us all down. :(

Doug

I'm reading these posts and if you are of a certain mindset it reads like a thread from one of Doug's infamous 'other' sites😂

Perhaps I'm punch drunk 'cos I've just booked my jab for this Wednesday...... Yay! 

Iain 

PS, I used some vacuum hose from Halfords. Fits and works fine. 

• Haha 1

After repairing my inlet manifold using 3/8 fittings as suggested in another thread, I tested the heater but no hot air from the N/S screen vent.  I found a large split in the hose from the heater unit which I thought  might be repairable with PVC tubing and duct tape. On reaching behind the dash, the tube just crumbled, all the mechanical strength of egg shell.  But it was -2 deg  C and 45 years old.  Now to find  a replacement.

The vacuum advance tubing is very similar to that in the drip feed irrigation system that I instated in the greenhouse.

Re Temperatures the other day I was talking to my cousin in Winnipeg Canada -30 when we here in Melbourne had +30C, she doesn't swear but strongly told me to shut Up! Walking the dog is 10 steps at a time whilst he tries to get the impacted frozen snow out of his paws. I've lived in Canada twice now you know why I live in Melbourne!   

Yes mini bore irrigation tube works or use 1/8in nylon oil pressure hose shiny rater than dull. Re under dash ducts I'm using old Mk2 Jag as its the same OD