Churchill hub puller and bearing puller available in North Tyneside. Plus Seat options.

Jeffds1360

I`ve committed to the MX seats, Well they came cheap at £50 the pair. Had them set up and the Belts work, all without fouling the hood frames. Trial fitted they have sufficient clearance, fore/aft/headroom (at least with no sound deadening and carpeting). and the driving position looks reasonable with the smaller steering wheel allowed by the fitting of PAS.

image.thumb.png.0532e17257388a8886ec15bd64980b04.png

image.thumb.png.892b4b804e3ce624b5284a66c8c12acf.png

Pete

• Jeffds1360 changed the title to Churchill hub puller and bearing puller available in North Tyneside. Plus Seat options.

Access to the rear seats works on the MX seats by flipping the backs forward, The runners go about 1" further back than the O/E seats. Not that the dog, (about the only potential occupant of the back seat) will care too much.

Pete

My nut split !!!         I  need a 510618 ? (a) ?

Plus whichever bearing it is :(

gasket?

shaft taper looks fine, I can feel a roughness/lumpiness when rotating the axle in the trunnion, so......... pleased I got the bush puller as well as the hub puller :)

• Like 1

full nut i would say for a non rotorflex 

and unless you want a shaft to fracture in life dont swap sides 

keep n/s N/s  and o/s  O/s   as they tend to have a torsional memory and swapping sides tries to unwind the history and a straight 

fracture will start and work its way across till it departs  and disaster follows 

Pete

Just thought, your talking about the full shaft right? I am just swapping nuts :)

the taper and shaft look ok and it is the ball bearing bearing that is shafted, needle bearing seems fine.

How to I prise that out and who is best to supply one, plus the nut? There is no sign of a gasket, do I really need one?

16221960742192558830144658371589.jpg

Should be a paper gasket between the hub and brake bake plate, I've always punched the seals and bearings out with a parallel punch.

Main bearing RLS8 Needle B168 there is some poor quality stuff sold.

Kit I bought at an auto jumble, shows all the parts, main bearing SKF Needle Torrington.

Regards

Paul

Bearing Kit..jpg

• Like 1