James Paddock Service

Paul Amey

I have always been very  impressed by Paddocks, especially with delivery times.

- I choose to forget the mechanical  Powertune mechanical fuel pump they supplied because I think it was more an issue  with their supplier rather than with them as a retailer and the courteous response with an offer of full refund  was very  promptly offered.

The basic benchmark is personal preference; they're all providing a very welcome service but there are some I use all the time due to the ease of their website and their lower costs both of parts and postage. Others I go to as they're the only supplier who has a particular part for sale, and some I don't use at all, usually the ones with no website that you have to phone - after I've explained the bit I want, the 'small bracket thingy that goes under the larger bit to the side of the engine' and no sorry I don't know the part number, they then tell me it's in stock at twice the price I was expecting, and going by the exasperated voice on the other end of the phone I feel I have to prove that I'm not another timewaster, so I buy it.

So: it seems the good websites win, especially those from whom I can order late at night and the parts arrive next afternoon... do they have a nightshift? :)

Every dealing I have had with Paddock's has been excellent. I haven't had any problems either with Rimmer's (price excepted) or Canley or Moss (price excepted). My most recent acquisitions have been via Monktons which is online but is Richard Symonds outlet. He can be slow but is definitely good value for money. https://www.monktonsclassiccarparts.com/

Not used James Paddock much but placed an order Monday pm, including 2 Gallons of oil, just been delivered with their economy delivery option.

Only problem why did I order one carburettor gasket pack when the Vitesse has two, age?.

Will definitely use again.

Regards

Paul.