Is it me or life in general

Adrian

On 20/01/2023 at 15:36, Wagger said:

Too many widows let the scrapman take this excellent stuff.

On the same vein, my colleague spotted an advert on Facebook for some scale model kits, airfix type.

It was a couple of hours after posted, woman said she has taken them down the dump, thought as no-one had replied in couple of hours they were worthless,

He told her she had dumped about £5k of rare kits, and put the phone down.

I borrowed a friend of mines cement mixer.  That was nearly 3 years ago. 
I’ve been trying to return it for about 2 1/2 years - my car isn’t big enough to fit it in - it was brought in his trailer - which has since been taken off the road for repair.  
I have offered to get it back to him as I can probably borrow a van from work - but always says he will collect it in a couple of weeks wheN he is back in brum. 

I will keep trying!

When I was an apprentice another guy bought an Austin 7 for £10. He took it to pieces on his parents front drive and took the bits to the back garden shed where it was painted and rebuilt. It was stunning in sky blue. Unfortunately the house was terraced and the only way out for the car was over the roof. At some point this had occurred to him and he had contacted a nation newspaper, who in part, paid for a crane to lift it out in return for an exclusive.  He drove it for 2 or 3 years before selling it to another apprentice for £300! I had my chance, it could have been mine, what was I thinking?!!

Doug

• 3 weeks later...

I think the reaper was distracted from me - so far so good! Reaper aside I have no idea how I fitted into those clothes when I was in my 20's. I have a belt from then that doesn't even meet in the middle....have I changed that much?

• Haha 1

The problem with expansion and shrinkage, I find, is that it appears to be inconsistent there are parts that expand and others, mostly appendages, that appear to shrink. And of course the issue of inconsistent hair loss which appears to grow inward and reappear in the ears?. On the bright side, my dark suit, the one in most use these days, still fits even if the style is late 60’s. So at least I can say it’s retro? A modern buzz word I am advised by the junior members of my family. Although my youngest son thinks I’m still just a tight git.

Pete

22 minutes ago, PeteH said:

The problem with expansion and shrinkage, I find, is that it appears to be inconsistent there are parts that expand and others, mostly appendages, that appear to shrink. And of course the issue of inconsistent hair loss which appears to grow inward and reappear in the ears?.

That is down to the law of physics that states 'Matter can neither be created nor destroyed only transformed' 🤔

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris A said:

That is down to the law of physics that states 'Matter can neither be created nor destroyed only transformed' 🤔

I transform money into metal which time then transforms into rust. What does rust transform into?

(If rust is transforming do I have to refer to it as they / them?)