HQ Email

dougbgt6

As an AO I get a monthly "New Members" list which has to be acknowledged by pressing a tab.

Today I've an email that says we attempted to deliver your message over several days but failed to get through.

So I tried to ping membership which is  info.tssc.org.uk but no response.

I've also tried the Club Shop, Accounts and Editor, again no response.

I phoned HQ and spoke to Trudi, they are unaware of any problem, she will ask Tom.

Has anybody else got a problem, or is it just me?

Doug

Similar. I tried to log on to the club website a day or two back and could not get access?. (Club Shop). By the same token, I am having great problems (unrelated of course) With E-E. My wife`s mobile providers, took me forever last night to change a password, for her.

I`m coming to believe that a lot of organisations are experiencing, I-T issues currently?. (Can we blame the Chinese?)🤔.

Pete

i sent a e mail as a test  but no reply 

i cant access the shop just says page is not available ,  but can log on main site 

we seem to have a problem 

ring the shop and its says only manned tuesday and thursdays 

Pete

Edited by Pete Lewis

I too have logged in to the shop without problem. I will suggest that people try using a different browser. I had some problems with The Open University site recently but switching from Chrome to Edge resolved it. It is now working with Chrome again.

The issue is not about logging into the club shop, but about sending an email to the club shop. 

clubshop@tssc.org.uk does not work for me. 

Nor do:

info@tssc.org.uk 

trudi@tssc.org.uk

courier@tssc.org.uk

I believe access can be barred/locked out at the TSSC server, completely or for individuals.

Doug

As a side issue to do with the shop, I needed 3m of Gates hose for my Vitesse, I ordered 6 x 1/2 metre as stated on the shop site, I got 6 x 1/2 metre lengths which is of absolutely no use to me, I`m sure I bought more than 1/2 metres before, and it cost £12 for postage, not overly impressed.

S

7 hours ago, Steve P said:

As a side issue to do with the shop, I needed 3m of Gates hose for my Vitesse, I ordered 6 x 1/2 metre as stated on the shop site, I got 6 x 1/2 metre lengths which is of absolutely no use to me, I`m sure I bought more than 1/2 metres before, and it cost £12 for postage, not overly impressed.

S

Hi Steve ring the shop tomorrow and they will send replacements free of charge 

5 hours ago, PeteH said:

There was a Post on the main page Last week?, saying that Julian had retired.? And the shop would be operating via other staff, pending his replacement.

Pete

Julian has retired last Friday ,the shop is being manned two days a week Tuesdays and Thursdays for a couple of weeks until his replacement starts full time.

10 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

so with Bern gone  Julian Gone and Lisa on Holiday and A4 Courier    its All change for 2024   good luck to all 

Pete

Nothing lasts for ever Pete, 

we have a new editor on board already a new shop manager at the end of this month and a new look Courier which I’m sure you will all love.

Com have worked very hard over the last couple of months to take the Tssc into the future with a very strong hq team 👍

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Triumph948 said:

Nothing lasts for ever Pete, 

we have a new editor on board already a new shop manager at the end of this month and a new look Courier which I’m sure you will all love.

Com have worked very hard over the last couple of months to take the Tssc into the future with a very strong hq team 👍

Times change, people move on. Hopefully, it will all bed in given some time. I assume the big(ger) issue is the overall one of demographic?. Locally even, we are struggling to keep organisations going, as the "Old Guard" die, get ill, or retire. The young are not coming forward to run. IMHO a somewhat sad feature of modern society. "They" want these facilities, but someone else to run them, usually for "nowt".

Peter.

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

The young are not coming forward to run. IMHO a somewhat sad feature of modern society. "They" want these facilities, but someone else to run them, usually for "nowt".

Peter.

Not my experience at all with the outdoor activities club I help run. We have great support from former members continuing as junior leaders and then continuing to volunteer. We also gain parent and teacher leaders from time to time. Problem with defunct marque-specific car clubs is that the vehicles cease to be relevant to younger people, so there won't be a pool of people to draw on or replenish those departing.

Gully

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Gully said:

Not my experience at all with the outdoor activities club I help run. We have great support from former members continuing as junior leaders and then continuing to volunteer. We also gain parent and teacher leaders from time to time. Problem with defunct marque-specific car clubs is that the vehicles cease to be relevant to younger people, so there won't be a pool of people to draw on or replenish those departing.

Gully

Nice to hear, I wish we could say the same. I often wonder if are part of the "problem" is we live in what is realistically a Dormatory Village, where 80% of the residents are elsewhere from before the school drop -off in the morning to the early evening, Leaving only a cadre of ageing residents during the day period?. One of the cries, is "I don`t have the time". 20 years ago we had a good volunteer backbone, a thriving social club, and many recreational activities, virtually all gone as the leaders have died or got too infirm, with no one coming forward to take rein`s. How much is down to invasive social media is a Moot point? Marque Car clubs declining are as you say has a lot to do wth relevence.

Pete

On 07/02/2024 at 15:07, dougbgt6 said:

The issue is not about logging into the club shop, but about sending an email to the club shop. 

clubshop@tssc.org.uk does not work for me. 

Nor do:

info@tssc.org.uk 

trudi@tssc.org.uk

courier@tssc.org.uk

I believe access can be barred/locked out at the TSSC server, completely or for individuals.

Doug

Doug - what have you done to be banned? 😉  I understand there are problems with valuations as the form editing is not easily available to the person doing the valuations which could be linked to Bern's departure.  Is this a widespread problem?  If so, where are our IT experts.  In the meantime huge thanks to Club staff and volunteers for holding it all together until new Shop person starts next month.

7 hours ago, Sue Franklin said:

Doug - what have you done to be banned? 😉  I understand there are problems with valuations as the form editing is not easily available to the person doing the valuations which could be linked to Bern's departure.  Is this a widespread problem?  If so, where are our IT experts.  In the meantime huge thanks to Club staff and volunteers for holding it all together until new Shop person starts next month.

Hi Sue, Valuations are all in hand with a few teething problem’s hopefully now sorted it is a not a wide spread problem Just some I T issues 👍

• Like 2

1 hour ago, thescrapman said:

Can someone post when the email issues are resolved as I wanted to see if another Feb Courier could be sent to me as no sign of mine yet.

Hi Colin, no email issues,contact hq if you haven’t received your Courier I am not aware of any problems could just be the post 👍

On 16/02/2024 at 20:12, Steve P said:

Hello Chris,

I tried to get through to the shop as I haven't had the replacement fuel hose yet and its been over a week at least,could you check for me please?.

Thanks

Steve

Hi Steve, did you call them to reorder or did you think I was  going to ?