More on MOT exemption

dougbgt6

1 hour ago, Anglefire said:

I would love an adult conversation on Brexit, but if it happens at all it should be a separate thread and not on this type of thread with it’s own contentious issue! 

Is there an EU directive about thread drift?.

My 68 Vitesse doesn't need an MOT but I took it in last year and fully intend to get it tested this year, my contribution to fourteen pages of posts.

Regards

Paul

never mind the other forum !!!! i know nuffing 

but mine didnt need a mot but shes got one and Passed  on friday  no advisories 

shes passed everyone since  I  purchased in may 2014

not withstanding the ongoing  repairs and maintenance being a full rebush ,  exploding servo,  stag calipers ,stag handbrake expanders , gearbox rebuild and diff oil seals , back to front thrust washers , and a duff viscous fan drive , in 7500 miles  so theres a lot of life left to use up

the replacement rear shoes where cardboard rubbish , all black dust , so the old riveted went back , mintex 1144 on the front 

with the longer HB expanders the handbrake now fires the car out the rollers 

so back to MOT ????  or not

Pete

34 minutes ago, dave.vitesse said:

Maybe we should have a referendum on it!!!! NO.

Just the one? 

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

?????

The mind boggles.... sounds like something that would be better on one of Pete's forums....

Having now been to both the red light district in Amsterdam and Frankfurt, I have an unwelcome knowledge of "Adult" 🙄 FWIW I did find walking around Amsterdam in the evening a safe experience. Not quite so sure about Frankfurt. Probably only due to the number of drunks and drug addicts. 

• Haha 1

?????

The mind boggles.... sounds like something that would be better on one of Pete's forums....

I thought it was Doug that visited those forum's, or was Pete just blaming him???

Tony.

6 minutes ago, Anglefire said:

Just the one? 

Having now been to both the red light district in Amsterdam and Frankfurt, I have an unwelcome knowledge of "Adult" 🙄 FWIW I did find walking around Amsterdam in the evening a safe experience. 

Maybe you had protection? :)

I must be much too innocent, as to me, adult is either clothing sizes or fiction (as opposed to children's or young adults...)

BTW loved Amsterdam, the hotel was cr*p but the Argentinian Rancho steaks were fabulous.

I once worked for British Airways on their computer reservations system Boadicea. I flew all over Europe repairing computers in airline booking shops and always wondered why they were invariably in red light districts. I remember walking through Amsterdam's trying to avoid the touts wanting to drag me into live sex shows at 10 in the morning. I waved my computer RAM board, three foot by two foot, containing TWO K of RAM! (!) and they let me by. I went so often to Amsterdam that eventually they would say "Hi computer man!" One looked like Pete, but he was in France, wasn't he?

Doug

Maybe you had protection? :)

I must be much too innocent, as to me, adult is either clothing sizes or fiction (as opposed to children's or young adults...)

BTW loved Amsterdam, the hotel was cr*p but the Argentinian Rancho steaks were fabulous.

In both cases I was with a group of about 10 blokes (work colleagues including the CEO!) - I declined the sex show in Amsterdam! - but the bit of Amsterdam I did see was very nice (Ignoring the ladies of the night in the windows for a moment!) 

Frankfurt, we were directed into a "Bar" by a local but turned out to be more of a sex show - and those that did get in came out very quickly!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Anglefire said:

In both cases I was with a group of about 10 blokes (work colleagues including the CEO!) - but the bit of Amsterdam I did see was very nice (Ignoring the ladies of the night in the windows for a moment!) 

I was advised to bring protection, but no-one bothered me at all, however I was with the wife. It seems to be a great place for monogamy, though.

First female I saw in a window was a HUGE woman, like the Bibendum man, dressed entirely in red, and it reminded me of the Virgin balloon.

Second one was a skinny little thing in a doorway wearing only her underwear, and I advised her to get some clothes on quick as she'd catch her death.

I decided that if that was the standard of things, I'd stick to the steakhouses. 

I was advised to bring protection

I didn't need protection - there was no way I was going anywhere near any of them with a barge poll - I value my crown jewels too much to risk the wife finding out 😂

52 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

So this started about MOT then brexit to sex shows, what's the record for thread drift subjects?.

Regards

Paul

Well, you can argue that any thread drift is the same severity, though the number of times a thread drifts could be counted ;) 

12 incher? Isn't that a record?

21 hours ago, Anglefire said:

I didn't need protection - there was no way I was going anywhere near any of them with a barge poll -

You mean a barge pole? A barge poll is where they ask sailors if they prefer one sort of barge, or another... :)

8 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

12 incher? Isn't that a record?

You mean a barge pole? A barge poll is where they ask sailors if they prefer one sort of barge, or another... :)

I though it was pushing a hard working foreign person out of the way..............  

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 19/05/2019 at 23:59, ShaunW said:

It's almost too late to save the great European alliance but when people say 'Europe wants to'  they often don't realise that we as equal members hold a veto. We do/did on everything. That means 'we want to'  as we've supported it through the people we've elected to be there. Each country rightly and property pays for their own implementation. 

It too late for debate but that's the reality. Europe wasn't a seperate entity, we were Europe. 

well I think I might have been another victim of false news as I cant find any mention anywhere of plans for the UK to have centralised, government operated MOT testing stations so I take my rant back🤐

At present we've barely got a centralised government to run centralised government operated MOT testing stations.

Re Johnny's post: 

Imagine three neighbouring houses. Two have Triumphs, the third wants one but can't afford it. So the other two buy one for him, and maintain it for him. Now the first house decides they need a garage for these three cars, so they build a super-duper garage on their grounds using funds proportionately gathered from all three houses which the other two can use... provided the first isn't using it, which they nearly always are, or if they'll give permission, which they rarely do. The third house now has a car and free maintenance; the first has an amazing garage and his cars are always in top-class order, and the middle house wonders why he is paying for someone else's Triumph, and someone else's garage, and can't afford to run his own car any more as he's paying for the other two.

EU in a nutshell. 

Now: The middle house doesn't want to pay for everyone any more, as their own Triumph is sitting in the garage due to no money to pay for repairs, so they ask to leave. House three asides with house one, as they know what way their bread is buttered and won't vote against the gift-giver. House one says: no way, we need your money to fund our amazing garage and the Triumph of poor house three who will be so deprived without it.

The middle house has a referendum, whereupon the majority of the people vote to leave, to fund their own Triumph. A lot of other people vote to remain in the hope that house one will buy them a Triumph too, or else they can go to visit house three and use their Triumph for a week or so each year - which they believe is fair.

The middle house says: but we've already got our own Triumph - and the Remainers ask: well where is it? We never see it on the road, we don't believe you have one, so we'd rather pay to use someone else's as they at least seem to be able to run theirs properly.

Brexit in a nutshell.

• Like 1