More on MOT exemption

dougbgt6

5 hours ago, AidanT said:

He came already stuffed (with money) ? 

so why should he care!

Aidan

I was watching the currency markets on the night of the results. That famous early 'we've lost' when he already knew the exit poll results caused a hell of a spike. It was outrageous manipulation / insider dealing and he no doubt made a mint that night.

He'd buy low at 10pm, announce he'd lost, sell those and sell short on the 10:15pm 'good news' high. Then the result comes in, market goes down, and he'd buy low to settle those short contracts. Double bubble. btw Shorting is selling what you don't have... yet. It's how people make money when prices are falling and they don't already own whatever it is. 

10 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Were we renowned for sticking to the rules , they just ignore whats not popular. 

Yes, we were always weak, you don't get to call the shots anywhere by saying yes sir, no sir and tugging your forelock. It's geopolitics, not a game of cricket. One generation after WW2 and we'd blown it. 

'Great' Britain acted like 'Soft as ****' Britain and got mugged.  I expect these new deals with the rest of the world and esp the US will go the same way unless we toughen up a bit again. 

Hopefully the British public will if the government don’t if they allow gm food from the us and chlorinated chicken in. 

I cant think of many things from the us (food anyway) that I’d want to eat from the us. Having said that, I will be able to speak from experience after the first week or so of October as I’m going over there to try and capture the Milky Way and do a little road trip. 

41 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Do they have Milky Ways in the USA? I'm thinking about the great "Marathon becomes Snickers" outrage which still rankles with some. 

db

They used to have a really grim one called "Three Musketeers" that was close to Milky Way. (last one I had was in the late 60s and I still remember it.... yuck )

1 hour ago, dougbgt6 said:

I once saw an economic analysis which very accurately tracked world recession and expansion by the changing price and size of Mars bars. I guess these days you'd need a mortgage and a magnifying glass.

db

I can see why in that case... but you might like this ?... http://www.tylervigen.com/spurious-correlations 

• Like 2

• 2 months later...
10 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

Why would it's numberplate be valued at £2000.00 and by whom, the owner?.

Only number plate I would pay for is one impossible to remember or photograth.

Regards

Paul

A friend of mine “collects” plates - no real reason and most were cheap. He reckons this one would be £800-1200 to the right person. 

Mad for getting it off the car - not a hope. He did manage to get a couple of plates off a car that was recently SORNed due to a loop hole in the automated system. But that hole is now filled. 

• 3 weeks later...

This thread will do..... 

I had a reminder today to get the Spitfire taxed or they'll squash it. They'd been lenient though, it ran out on June 30th! I thought I'd done it. I miss the paper tax discs. You can buy or make them but it's not the same. 

13 hours ago, ShaunW said:

This thread will do..... 

I had a reminder today to get the Spitfire taxed or they'll squash it. 

I  too miss the reminder.... I was checking a noticeboard I have in the garage, (technically known as a memory support unit) and realised that the Mundano runs out on Friday. Earliest appointment for MOT was November 2nd but I'll be in England anyway so not using it. It sneaks up on me every year!

I'm having my daily serviced next week - and am having it MOT'd at the same time - its not due until January - but that is a very inconvenient time, so am shifting it. 

I've still to get my Spitfire tested. It will wait now until I've replaced the front springs and shocks. If I do it at all. I've given my reasons before.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Hi all. 

To get back on track.

My Vitesse is having some restoration work done. It should be about another month. The thing is my insurance is due this week as is the mot. Obviously i cannot take for the mot. The tax is the end of feb. I,m going to insure it even though i wont have it. Will i be able to tax/execempt it without an  mot or will i need to sorn it. Its getting a bit confusing eh!. It is already classed as Historic. Will be getting an Mot anyway as i think its wise. The powers that be will only need some fatal accidents against us to find a reason to make it harder for us to enjoy our cars.

Cheers Nick