Possible bargain for somebody Vitesse mk2

Paul H

1 hour ago, Gary Flinn said:

Not sure about the Ethics of selling the V5 document though? 

Normally with that type of sale they inflate the price of the V5 is included, but not in this case. He must be confident of getting a good price in any case.

I'm not sure about the bit where he mentions the GT6 2.5 engine - does he mean that every Vitesse he sees these days has a 2.5?

A late car, sorry for the pun. Yes why rubber bumpers, it looks like the standard Vitesse type were replaced with the Herald type. 

Not quite sure why the dealer was charging for a steering column lock as it was a late car and should have come with this as standard.

The Smiths Radiomobile radio was a factory approved dealer option. The price given indicates to me it included the correct fitting kit.

I agree with Colin, most GT6/Vitesse haven't acquired a 2.5 Litre engine. Just some.

A good spot Paul.

Dave

25 minutes ago, PeteH said:

I looked at it, Hoping it may have an O/D Gearbox, sadly not. Question?, Would a Vittesse O/D Box transfer to a Herald?.

BTW, my Herald is 1971. but no Steering Lock?.

Pete

Not directly. The input shaft is different on the Vitesse box.

If a Herald or Vitesse was made in 1971 it should have been fitted with a Steering Lock. Your Herald may have been made in 1970, but sold in 1971. Also not everybody liked the lock, it could be a pain, and it may have been removed.

Dave

reckon you can fit a spit/herald  input shaft ive used a vit  layshaft cluster matched to a spit input and its fine ( providing you change 2nd a 3rd to suit) but the 

input /constant mesh on the laygears are the same so a swap of just that would make it workable

Pete

On 07/03/2020 at 09:31, steveweblin said:

Always good to see original dealer paperwork such as this.  The Newbury Cars Ltd of Muswell Hill item for my Triumph Car dealers collection.

Hi Steve. Have bill of sale for my Vitesse. A,  A.W.H Porter LDT, Wellingborough, Northants (also depots at Kettering and Wisbech it says)

PM me with your email address if you want a photo.

Dave