Refurbished CDS 150

Iain T

Thanks, I'm pleased with them. They worked well today blasting up the M11 to Duxford. I'll take a look at the plugs tomorrow but I think I'm near finished playing with needles and springs. The AFR meter showed it slightly rich so I've leaned them off a quarter turn. 

The heat shields came with the car. However I do want a pair of the thick heat insulators for a CD/CDS. My insulators have the notch in the centre which I believe is for the later carbs. The carb and inlet manifold barely cover the notch, in fact I had to turn them around as there was air hissing in when I fitted them earlier this week. 

Anyone know where I can buy them? 

15 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Someone needs to buy him a classic car, bet the exception continues if he had one!

Doubt it. More than likely the opposition will call him a tax evader or a hypocrite as all drivers can't have one, so as he can't treat all cars the same he'll penalise classics in order to please everyone else. :)

Just now, Colin Lindsay said:

Doubt it. More than likely the opposition will call him a tax evader or a hypocrite as all drivers can't have one, so as he can't treat all cars the same he'll penalise classics in order to please everyone else. :)

Don't think he thinks that way, he just got reported for taking two landrovers 5 miles across london to walk his dog! When there is a park right next to where he lives.

Just now, Iain T said:

He is, let me list all the good things he's done for London :-

I am surprised nobody of any good stature ran against him? Lets face it he really was in a one horse race and people voted for who they knew. Bet everyones just loving the new car tax thats about to kick in. Still should lower the secondhand car market. And for a short time raise the classic car prices until he gets rid of the excemption.

6 hours ago, Mathew said:

Don't think he thinks that way, he just got reported for taking two landrovers 5 miles across london to walk his dog! When there is a park right next to where he lives.

Not just 2 Landy,s also a 5 litre V8 Jaguar,think about that next time he spouts about a "climate crisis".Went from Tooting where he lives(Tooting has a common) over to Clapham common.

Stinking hypocrites all of them.Like one of the founders of Extinction Rebellion who admitted in a radio interview that she drove a diesel car and had just been on holiday to Costa Rica,i`d guess she didn`t go by glider.

S

7 hours ago, Mathew said:

Bet everyones just loving the new car tax thats about to kick in.

Guy in our estate has a 20 year old Boxster, does 1000 miles a year. He likes to take it out Sundays etc but now won't use it. To sell it and buy a new ULEZ compliant car seems crazy so it's restricted his pleasure.