Refurbished CDS 150

Iain T

Thanks, I'm pleased with them. They worked well today blasting up the M11 to Duxford. I'll take a look at the plugs tomorrow but I think I'm near finished playing with needles and springs. The AFR meter showed it slightly rich so I've leaned them off a quarter turn. 

The heat shields came with the car. However I do want a pair of the thick heat insulators for a CD/CDS. My insulators have the notch in the centre which I believe is for the later carbs. The carb and inlet manifold barely cover the notch, in fact I had to turn them around as there was air hissing in when I fitted them earlier this week. 

Anyone know where I can buy them? 

15 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Someone needs to buy him a classic car, bet the exception continues if he had one!

Doubt it. More than likely the opposition will call him a tax evader or a hypocrite as all drivers can't have one, so as he can't treat all cars the same he'll penalise classics in order to please everyone else. :)

6 hours ago, Mathew said:

Don't think he thinks that way, he just got reported for taking two landrovers 5 miles across london to walk his dog! When there is a park right next to where he lives.

Not just 2 Landy,s also a 5 litre V8 Jaguar,think about that next time he spouts about a "climate crisis".Went from Tooting where he lives(Tooting has a common) over to Clapham common.

Stinking hypocrites all of them.Like one of the founders of Extinction Rebellion who admitted in a radio interview that she drove a diesel car and had just been on holiday to Costa Rica,i`d guess she didn`t go by glider.

S

• Like 1

Listen to yourselves for a moment guys - I don't think any "woke warriors" are likely to waste their time on the mass of irredeemable anti-woke ostriches that seem to be on here. There's a saying about motes and planks that we should all think about before posting this stuff.

7 hours ago, Mathew said:

Bet everyones just loving the new car tax thats about to kick in.

Guy in our estate has a 20 year old Boxster, does 1000 miles a year. He likes to take it out Sundays etc but now won't use it. To sell it and buy a new ULEZ compliant car seems crazy so it's restricted his pleasure. 

4 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Team meetings...guaranteed to put the heart rate up

Never done a video Team meeting, took me 5 minutes to fathom out that the 'Join' tab meant join the meeting. I thought I was signing up for some useless add rubbish. 

When my heart rate goes above 58 I think I`m exercising. When I went for my cataracts doing the charge nurse thought his "kit" needed servicing and went and got another set to check!. I mess around with online stuff a lot but have never used either team or zoom. We do some "facetime" with the overseas relatives though.

As for "clean air zones" what pees me off (most) it the fact that folk who LIVE inside them are unfairly penalised. I corespond with a Guy, who has a "classic" American campervan, (but not as yet 40+). The cost involved to him is such that he is contemplating selling it. Which will to a great extent leave him all but permanently housebound, because of certain disabilities. So bloody unfair. Things like this did not used to be retrospective, you should be able to use existing stuff up to the point it is no longer viable.

BTW? Where is my Global Warming, It`s been freezing up here on the East Coast for the last Month!! (mostly)

Pete

On 07/09/2021 at 07:07, PeteH said:

When my heart rate goes above 58 I think I`m exercising.

A nurse checked my HR when I was dozing waiting to be taken down for an op and it was 40bpm. She was alarmed but my normal rate is 60 so low anyway. We have a gym in our complex so residents only, we've had one death and one heart attack. I don't go near the place its too dangerous!

The new ULEZ zone is unfair I would have gone for banning all private cars from the very centre of London. 

5 hours ago, poppyman said:

A simple idea would be for people who live within the zones should be exempt

Why make it simple when you can annoy the voters!

In short TFL is bankrupt and they need the revenue so why not stop the free over 60s card and reduce some of the other dozens of subsidised cards? Oh no that wouldn't be popular with the mayor's voters, so TFL reduces revenue and spends more! Madness. 

• Like 1