Put a Tiger in your Tank

jagnut66

I was once given the Welsh equivalent of that sticker by an ancient garage owner in Brynamman: 'Mae gen i teigr yn y tanc'! I stuck it on the back of the minibus I was driving and it is only now (having taken up learning Welsh in Lockdown 3) that I fully understand what it said...or (more precisely) how it said it. Happy days/Dyddau'n hapus

7 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

He found a tiger's head one day
Nailed to a piece of wood
The tiger looked quite miserable
But I suppose he should
Just them from out the window
A voice began to wail
He said "oi, where's me tiger's head?"
"Four foot from 'is tail!"

I stand, or rather sit, corrected.

2 hours ago, Jeffds1360 said:

4' head to tail ? Must have been a cub.

Tiger Cub....200cc 4 stroke, big step up from a BSA Bantam 175cc 2 stroke (D7) which I made in 1967 :)

...6 posts to a stripe  

My first motorbike was a D7. Three speed gearbox, if memory serves. Passed test and then moved on to a Triumph 650cc, 6T. Mum was worried it would be too powerful but an uncle (mums younger brother)  who was a semi pro scramble rider went as a passenger and said I could handle it I was given the ok.

In the hotel car park tonigt at Conleau there was a Bonneville. modern one, disk brakes etc, not the real thing 🤪

Ahhh! Motorcycles, My first "love". BSA B31 1950 rigid back end. Learned to ride on a road, and took my test on that. Norton 600 Twin "Dominator". Then Girls, eventually Wife, and Cars, lots of them!. In the70`s on the ferries I had the "kit of parts" in the engine room workshop, which made up (eventually) a BSA Shooting Star 500 Twin. Much later swapped out for a BMW r1000RS. Happy days.

Pete

BSA B31 a friend had one at the time I had my Bantem and Triumph. Back then they were cheap and all we could afford. Took the p*"" out of a friend as all he could afford was a 3 wheeler with JAP engine (can't swear to it being a Morgan) No doubt all now worth a fortune.

Always had a hankering for the R100RS. Couldn't justify the 1k pounds more for one than the Moto Guzzi Spada I did buy and ran in with a trip from Surrey to Madrid and back for a rally.

44 minutes ago, Mathew said:

Last bike zx6, absolutely mad bike 20 years ago. None since. 

Speaking of "mad" bikes. Neighbour, when I lived in Surrey in the 80`s. Had this FJ1200. Awsome bloody thing. One day he let me take it up the M3. I chickened out at 120(ish). I asked what it actually did, he said the most he`d seen was 150. with a bit to go!. The Beamer only went a few years back, It was getting hard to ride in any comfort with the Arthritis, the last year was 40miles between MOT`s.

Pete

9 hours ago, Mathew said:

When we started my mates all had fizzies

Same here,except i had a Suzuki AP50.Went to the Earls Court bike show to buy a Jama exhaust to make it go 1 mph faster.

After that a DT175 trail bike,then a 400 Super dream.About 15 years ago  a guy i worked with let me borrow his Kwak ZX750,120mph down the Lightwater bypass.

That was the last time i rode a bike,wife and kids got in the way of enjoying life (still and i`m 56).

Steve