Special tool required

ahebron

Has anyone got a box of motivation they can spare.
In particular I need the version that is for finishing off a Vitesse 6 I have owned for 40 years this year and only driven it for 1-2s year when I bought it.
It seems to have always been 6 weeks away from finishing and I can never get any closer.
Used or new not that bothered but I suspect used will have had its niggles sorted even though it might be a bit slow in the morning.
My old one ran out a year or two ago.

Thanks
Adrian

16 minutes ago, ahebron said:

In particular I need the version that is for finishing off a Vitesse 6 I have owned for 40 years this year and only driven it for 1-2s year when I bought it.
It seems to have always been 6 weeks away from finishing and I can never get any closer.
Used or new not that bothered but I suspect used will have had its niggles sorted even though it might be a bit slow in the morning.

Thanks
Adrian

If you find some could do with the spare for this.

Regards

Paul.

20211007_131810.jpg

Let's gee each other on. My Estate has stalled again; I just can't get motivated and haven't touched it for weeks. Not surprising when there's nothing here to spur me on, no shows, no events, nothing to get it finished for. Our local 'Vintage and Classic' clubs are all tractors or modern cars with lowered suspension and thumpa thumpa stereos. I'm feeling very marginalised and need to find some like-minded souls asap where cars like mine mean something, not just louts to poke fun at and try to break things off. Of course the dark evenings and bad weather don't help, nor do the cancellations from 'Covid', but there's little urge to get anything done over here.

Or this,

image.png.2c7c87b8a56363d6f7eb1c16facc40ef.png

Currently It`s too damp/cold in the garage, and the Current cost of any type of heating is prohibitive. Unless anyone has an old Multifuel stove going spare, convert and burn sawdust?, got lots of that and old straw available locally for free'

33 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

you can try 

Yorkshire Original Tea Bags Pack Of 160

Brew at least 5 min, No Milk No Sugar Please?.👍

Pete

I could do with any spare offcuts of motivation.

I got as far as removing the gearbox cover on the Spitfire (non-working overdrive, suspect low oil level) and poking a finger in the filler hole (didn't feel any oil there). Need motivation to refill and refit (possibly adding an access hole). But it also has a fault on the electric fan controller, so that needs replacing.

The Vitesse now has a shiny pair of freshly painted headlight surrounds... just waiting for me to fit them.

There are days, when If I did not have a dog to "Exercise". I likely would not be motivated to anything much before Lunch.

And the rain is lashing down again!. 8-15pm. Sunshine tomorrow (it is rumoured). Sunrise 8-15am. Only made 0.3Kw (solar) today.☹️

Pete

12 hours ago, ahebron said:

Thanks
Adrian

Adrian, sorry mate but you've been chasing your tail for too long.. Someone should have said - you won't find a box of motivation because it comes in bags .. like a person has bags of enthusiasm. 

and if you're really down.. those bags are packet sized. 

You just have to decide what you want in your own packet so that you can treat yourself for every hour in the garage !  

Simple ain't it :D

Pete

p.s. I had a positive day in the poly-tunnel working on Katie..  I've got to get on with her because I'm very much looking forward to some great trips through the spring, summer and autumn months.  So winter is the best time to get the car sorted.  Just three months - and then it's the beginning of April and so many great places to go. yippee   :P

18 hours ago, 68vitesse said:

If you find some could do with the spare for this.

Regards

Paul.

20211007_131810.jpg

I have the same nuts and bolts box as the one at the bottom of your photo.

Cant blame it on winter as it is summer here mind you we are in the tail of a tropical cyclone at present one of seven predicted this summer. Its very wet so that makes me feel ok about not working in the garage.

Well it is summer here finally got too hot to be in the garage, late winter and spring was very wet and generally below 20C, since the 1st Jan its swung round and above 30C and seems hotter very sunny days.

Were just coming out of a La Nina ie wet and cooler and going into a El Nino event hot and dry.

I even bought a track cleaning truck for thr model railway as i couldnt be bothered with a duster and some meths 

its quite theraputic trundling it round the tracks 

then theres a dagger in my back  the bowels are complaining , and Aldi and Lidl have no Eggs 

its  a wonderful life  

so get the car going and get the smiles back Pete

Just received all of the motivation necessary. Wife asked me when I am going to decorate the spare bedroom.

Just try doing something completely boring. That may cure it.

Actually, I have a nice indoor job. Checking out two old Pioneer Amplifiers and a Garrard transcription deck.

2 hours ago, NonMember said:

which one? Does it work well?

Hornby OO gauge R344 Bogie Track Cleaning Car with 2 cleaning pads

its an old triang with coarse wheels so stays on well while cleaning   i just added some meths to the felt pad and  yes   worked well

there are so many various ones available some self powerd at £70ish   i only paid peanuts and its been a  good experience so far 

I feel a lot better in getting a smile for a few minutes with coffee and watch it get pushed and pulled round the tracks

Pete  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Pete Lewis said:

Hornby OO gauge R344 Bogie Track Cleaning Car with 2 cleaning pads

its an old triang with coarse wheels so stays on well while cleaning   i just added some meths to the felt pad and  yes   worked well

there are so many various ones available some self powerd at £70ish   i only paid peanuts and its been a  good experience so far 

I feel a lot better in getting a smile for a few minutes with coffee and watch it get pushed and pulled round the tracks

Pete  

I had one of those back in the day!  My Mum gave away all my model railway when I was away as a student at art school, as she thought I was too old for it!  Not a popular move...

I found where it went.
Life got in the way and it got used up on other things
Painting the trim boards on the house has taken a bit of my time over christmas as it has been at least 10 years since I last did them, and a cyclone got in the way this time
Rhyna came back from visiting family up north over xmas and bought a chinese room divider back that her dad gave to her mum many years ago. We spent far too many days painting it to make it into a head board for our bed.

And finally that ugly 4 letter word that takes up so much of our time and often away from our Triumphs for months on end