Hello from Paula and her Vitesse

2 hours ago, thescrapman said:

If the wires are fused together they have got hot, you have a sort tomearth somewhere

I think the opening and closing of the boot wore the insulation down. I'll strip it all back tomorrow

Oh dear.

It's all burnt up, but still no power. I think it's broken somewhere i can't get to. 

Anyone know where it splits to go to the front side lights? It's obviously ok to there as the front 2 are working.

1010283941_ScreenShot2018-07-28at13_41_29.png.ec37f54afa9e0f31ace19fe05f72073a.png

IMG_1487.thumb.jpg.2a50c1f75db1ba41ebddf722bbc9ef90.jpg

3 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

That web address from Kevin is the same as the ebay number I posted.

Strangely, when I searched eBay by the item number it didn’t find it.  However I found the same item by searching “Ripaults”.  Something odd going on.

That's weird. I just searched by copying the number and pasting into Ebay and it found it immediately. Ebay need to get their act together and make sure that all the browsers work equally (using Firefox 61.0.1 [64 bit] at the moment). When I do a search for an item on my tablet it lists the items as found. When I try to order them by price it tells me there are no items!!!  If I switch to desktop view it works fine. At least their search routine is not quite as bad as B&Q which appears to just pick out one word to search on and ignores the rest of the string.

• 1 month later...

Me bloody speedo not working now!

The cable isn't spinning but it isn't broken either, I pulled the inner cable out.

I replaced the drive about a year ago with a new washer too. I'm in 2 minds if i should start on this job today. Could it be anything apart from a new drive? Should i buy one before starting?

3543-Large.jpg

Paula         you can repair the drive pin/square bit  its  a light press ft in the gear wheel inside, , pry the core  plug out and it all comes apart 

it resembles a short bit of cable braised into a short mandrill the hole in the gear is 5.9mm

didnt Dave clasper have a go at reworking one , file a nail down to the square  and araldte it to the gear 

doesnt have to be flexible but needs to be 'concentric'   ( in the middle)

its unlikey to be the  gearbox drive worm and pinion they are generally pretty bullet proof

a Thought...are you sure the outer is not stretched and the inner is too short to engage??? 

you can with some grips (moles) grip  the end fitting and rotate the outer spiral wrapped case , wind it up to shorten and unwind to lengthen

Pete

I’ve retired for the day. I’ll get in deeper next time. It’ll be a while as I’m away for a month. Shame I’m so close to everything working!

very pleased with the flashers now though. No idea why they were disconnected. 

I’ll let you know when I get that tunnel off.

i think I’m probably going to install hatches for the drive and oil level. I heard thus was a thing worth doing.