Vitesse seat diaphragms

daverclasper

57 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

When I got my seat foams included were a couple of diaphragms. They're pressed cardboard like what's under the door panels.

Was that for the GT6? Spitfire and GT6 seats have a wire-frame base with a cardboard panel to support the foam. Herald and Vitesse are different but my memory isn't good enough to say whether they're a large rubber sheet hung at the corners or something else.

54 minutes ago, NonMember said:

Was that for the GT6? Spitfire and GT6 seats have a wire-frame base with a cardboard panel to support the foam. Herald and Vitesse are different but my memory isn't good enough to say whether they're a large rubber sheet hung at the corners or something else.

Heralds certainly have a large rubber diaphragm, hooked around the edges with wire clips. I had to make up a handled puller to stretch them into place as I couldn't pull them sufficiently into place otherwise.

On 18/10/2018 at 13:09, dougbgt6 said:

When I got my seat foams included were a couple of diaphragms. They're pressed cardboard like what's under the door panels. Nearest thing I can think off is 3mm hardboard from B & Q, about £6 for a big sheet.

Doug

2mm picture framing back is available from framers/merchants and is easier to fold/cut. It is also good for diy door cards as, because it is 1mm thinner, is less likely to foul the door gap when you close it especially when you add vinyl etc. I used the 3mm many years ago and the doors wouldn't shut without forcing them.

I replaced my drivers seat diaphragm with one off the bay. You can get one for about £20-£25. be warned tho the one i got didn't line up so had to drill some extra holes in the frame surround. It is a bit of a b***** of a job. i slotted a old screwdriver in the end.

I tried a piece of board under for a while but i ended up sitting to high. looking like some strange captain on a yacht?.

The first one i tried split due to stretching it to much, so the supplier said, tho he did send me another free. I then attached it at the back and sides and used some strong wire to attach front hooks.

Hope this helps a bit.

Nick

• 2 months later...

Haven't done the Vitesse yet diaphragms OK but the foam, dunlopillow crumbling.

Re replacement diaphragms on the Dolly Sprint I used 9in long heavy duty molded rubber bungee straps, 9 per seat 5 front to back and 4  side to side interlaced with each other, very firm.

The hook end was opened a little & goes over the tubular set frame not in the hog clip hole, they don't appear to have moved on the frame the interlacing stops that.

Cost wise worked out cheaper than the diaphragm and easier to fit!, purchased from our local Bunning (large chain hardware warehouse/store) here in OZ 

The temp fix until I worked out the bungee straps was two towels rolled up and jammed under the seat, quite comfortable actually.

Peter T