Any takers at £36,000

Paul H

It's funny, but I personally look at a car like that and think: 'way overpriced.' Based on my own meagre budget of course!

Others will look at that and think: investment, or tax relief, or tax offset, or even the old 'it must be better than everyone else's as it's more expensive' and buy it on those grounds. It may surprise most of us how often cars like this do sell to buyers who can easily afford to enjoy them at that sort of money. Not the circles I move in, though!

It is surprising what a classic will sell for....About 10yrs ago i bought a second classic car.... wife say's  "you can't drive two, one has to go"  So i put the older one up for sale at a stupid price two grand more than i paid for it 12mths earlier thinking  "no one will pay that, i can keep the two" :)  3days later a chap came round i refused any offer he made and he ended up paying the full asking price....... One half of me was gutted the other pleased......The good part of the story is that the wife see's them as an investment? As i now have three toys to play with :) 

Tony.  

That's probably the proper price for that car given its' history, but how many will ever pay it?

S'funny, we have this 2.5 litre Vitesse Estate locally that has just come up for sale; this one is a Chic Doig conversion which I remembered seeing parked at the owner's house back in the 1990s, but had dropped off the radar in recent years. It's suffered a bit in recent times. Owner is looking for about £8000 if anyone is interested.

vit1.jpg.ab8c77c5702998a8752c845b5bd4dc20.jpg

vit2.jpg.8fa674b4a05e0f44b56d78f9dbcf7347.jpg

3 hours ago, Paul H said:

Here’s s more expensive Vitesse . This was at Duxford today . Whilst condition was good there was still rust bubbles evident

I think this was the car Chris Gumby tricked me into valuing  during my valuation training at SEM last year. If it's the same one the rear hatch didn't fit too well. If it isn't there's two!

Doug