Vitesse mk2 boot trim

Iain T

30 minutes ago, Iain T said:

I just want to drive it now!

Mine is missing the front aluminium bumper bits. I have a set but the valance got replaced with a GRP one and its not a good shape match so the bumpers just don't fit. Driving it is more important than sorting that out.

• Like 1

Last bits are badges. I can get the Triumph and Override from Paddock, I assume the holes in the override correspond to the studs in the Triumph badge, and the Vitesse that goes on the lamp cowl from Rimmers as they are supposed to have stock in soon.

Question is how does the Vitesse badge attach to the cowl? Is it stuck or are there studs on the badge. The cowl I have doesn't have any holes for fixing. 

Iain

2 minutes ago, Casper said:

probbably came from a Herald estate which uses thee same pressing but no badge, I think

Could be I bought it off an auction. I'll just buy the 623901 badge from Rimmer and surprise myself! 

Iain 

Now I am confused, easily done. The Triumph and Override badges arrived next day from Paddock. Their usual 5 star service. Badges look great but the Triumph badge has two stakes on it not threaded studs🤔. So how is it fitted? Surely not a small hole in the boot lid and pushed on? A clearance hole and stakes bent to retain? Both seem unfeasible or durable. 

Help please. 

Iain 

IMG_20230331_090955.jpg

IMG_20230331_091012.jpg

Thanks Andy, I've seen similar on Rimmer site but couldn't believe they work or stay on. Doesn't seem very secure and easily stolen? I'll get some and try. I presume the Vitesse badge on the cowl has similar fixing. 

Cheers

Iain 

Well I've learnt something useful today😁. I'll tell the wife she's always interested when I bang on about cars and widgets😂😂. I also have a habit of telling her old car models on TV programmes but she's never impressed..... 

5 minutes ago, Iain T said:

Well I've learnt something useful today😁. I'll tell the wife she's always interested when I bang on about cars and widgets😂😂. I also have a habit of telling her old car models on TV programmes but she's never impressed..... 

Lucky you. Mine yawns, if she's even been listening, more usually her reply to one of my conversations is: wonder if the horse needs a blanket on?

16 minutes ago, Iain T said:

My wife's is "is it time for tea" 

I just bow and do as I'm told.... 

I'm better trained than you - I know what time my wife wants her coffee and tea breaks and 'deliver' it on time. Even if I go out I arrange to be back on time to make her tea ( I don't go out before coffee).

However I am allowed 2 days off per year when I can go off in the Triumph plus 1 day a month during the season  . . .

36 minutes ago, Chris A said:

However I am allowed 2 days off per year when I can go off in the Triumph plus 1 day a month during the season  . . .

It is odd that on the few days of the year I go off on car days or weekends I feel guilty. But then she's probably glad for a few days without me! 

58 minutes ago, Chris A said:

I'm better trained than you - I know what time my wife wants her coffee and tea breaks and 'deliver' it on time. Even if I go out I arrange to be back on time to make her tea ( I don't go out before coffee).

Before she was as ill as she is. SWMBO used to regularly do "Ladies wot lunch"  up to 1/2doz or so ladies of a "certain age", Lunch and a good Gossip. That was my cue to disappear to the pub with the dog and indulge in the sort of meals not on the home front menu!!. Dog, she got to like Liver, Bacon and Sausages etc; and was very partial to a Curry, or a decent Tex-Mex. Sadly the publican changed (retired) during lock down, and his chef went elsewhere.☹️ I think the last time I went anywhere without "herself" was back in 2013 before my Mate passed, we did the NEC classic show. Not much joy without good company though now. Most of the other guys I either knew well, or where close friends are in the ground, Nursing homes, or too bad to get about these days. Even the nearest TSSC night is a 3/4hr drive, Locally the East Yorks Car clubs will be starting up again soon, most go into hibernation from October to April, with the possible exception of NYD.

Pete

31 minutes ago, Iain T said:

It is odd that on the few days of the year I go off on car days or weekends I feel guilty. But then she's probably glad for a few days without me! 

Same here. My wife does get time off from me being around. She likes to travel! This year started with her being in Mexico, travelling back on my birthday. The itch is starting again and the webby thing is getting hit. In June she goes off for her 3 weeks annual 'cure thermale'. I take her there (Bagnoles de L'Orne) about 1 1/4 hours away and normally just pop over for her day off each Sunday when we go out to a restaurant for lunch AND I stock her up with food for the following week. This year she has booked 'demi pension', so according to her I don't need to bother myself by going over. . 

2 minutes ago, johny said:

ah careful, the demi pension is really a test to see if you still 'want' to go over😂

Very true but Chris can't win. If he goes she'll say want are you doing here, if he doesn't she'll say you don't love me! Just accept defeat gracefully...... 

32 minutes ago, Iain T said:

Just accept defeat gracefully...... 

To accept defeat means that I have to be in the competition/battle to start with. I know better than to do that after all these years.

39 minutes ago, johny said:

ah careful, the demi pension is really a test to see if you still 'want' to go over

If the weather is good it's a nice run out in the Triumph, if not I will have to stay at home to clean the house/do DIY/feed the cats/garden or other such excuses reasons for not going

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Iain T said:

Bought bag of 100 NOS Triumph badge fixings off Ebay at a tenth of the piece price from a well known supplier. Hope they fit🤞. Now I'm looking for 50 new badges to fit! 

How about this one, it's very rare - allegedly 🙄

r100.jpg.cd4f5f53338f4199a8da8976897d8518.jpg