Hello from an interloper

Might as well introduce myself. I was a TSSC member many years ago when I had a Mk1 Vitesse saloon, a Herald estate, and later a Spit Mk3 and a GT6. I left and moved to another club after I bought a Dolomite, a TR7 and a 2500S (and because reasons - no need to dig that up). I've also owned two other Dolomites, a Stag, a 2.5PI and a Toledo. These days I'm back down to the Spit, the GT6 and a different Mk1 Vitesse.

I signed up for this forum to see how it compares with the vastly disimproved other one I used to follow until the beginning of this year. So far it's looking quite good.

Mr. Anonymous but probably easily identifiable to a few people here (I'll quit the anonymous thing when somebody does)

You mean the CT forum? I visit that one regularly (although I'm not a member), but the quantity of posts and queries has seriously dropped since the revamp. We used to get a lot of double posts, where members would post a question on one forum then run to the other and post the identical query, possibly for a second opinion... :)  

A lot of good, hands-on advice on both and yes, you can pick up on other angles and practices, but I prefer the thread drift over here... 

So: welcome, pull up a chair, and see if you can make sense of it all... 

Hi NonMember,

Welcome to the TSSC forum.

We appear to  be acquiring quite a few refugees from the CT Forum "upgrade".

It didn't take me long to work out who you are - your GT6 wouldn't happen to  be white by any chance ?

Used to have:
1968 xxxx
1980 xxxx
1977 xxxx
1980 xxxx
1982 xxxx
1975 xxxx
1971 xxxx
1975 xxxx

I'll unmask you if you want, but if you'd prefer I'll leave the guessing open for others for a few more days.

Yes, one of the changes in Another Place was to add the full name of any poster to their Nom d'Internet.   Those add a pleasant little air of mystery, that as Kevin says is pretty tenuous, but nice to have, like our avatars.

Hope you feel able to take off the mask soon, even if you remain - and why not? - "NonMember"!

John

Thats  wind up, just packed some TS3 engine mounts to a friend in New Zealand

And had to use them, at 4kg  its cost .....£91   postage,  two small packs would be much cheaper but need to re pack, and cant do that

They are for a commer TS3  engine  in a high end  classic  wooden speed boat so   guess they can afford that.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...