LIDL/ALDI TOOLS

Badwolf

Coming up from Thursday 26th September 2019

Lidl - Impact Driver 20volt £59.99 (the range of 20v tools I have bought has been of excellent quality) and corded £39.99, Battery Charger £13.99 (I have the Aldi version which is excellent and this one will probably be very similar) along with other car tools, cover, spanners, trolley jack, mini compressor, satnav and other things

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/online-leaflets/26-09-02-10-lidl-weekly-2/view/flyer/page/10?ar=7

The thread is a good idea - well done.

Out of interest, do you know what size drive the impact driver is from previous dealings ?? I ask this because I note their supplied sockets are metric which you would expect.

I've not got one of these, but have always been tempted.

Regards.

Richard.

I thought that the USP of Aldi/Lidl selling tools was  "when they're gone, they're gone", the usual sales frenzy-inducing, sell-a-stack-of-schlock  schtick.

So is there any point in telling others that your local Lidl has ten impact drivers at a bargain price?    They may not be available elsewhere, and they'll be gone before your local mates can get one.    New Lidl opened near me - I popped in to see what they had, perhaps an 'opening bargain'?    Zilch.

John

The link BW has flagged is a national publication by Lidl, as such one must accept that more than one store will be selling them. I agree that not all stores will stock, but conversely many will; luck of the draw perhaps.

Regards.

Richard.

1 hour ago, JohnD said:

I thought that the USP of Aldi/Lidl selling tools was  "when they're gone, they're gone", the usual sales frenzy-inducing, sell-a-stack-of-schlock  schtick.

So is there any point in telling others that your local Lidl has ten impact drivers at a bargain price?    They may not be available elsewhere, and they'll be gone before your local mates can get one.    New Lidl opened near me - I popped in to see what they had, perhaps an 'opening bargain'?    Zilch.

John

John - I started this thread to help others after enquiries about sand blasters and battery chargers. I have no connection with either store and just though that it would be a nice thing to help others who are looking for reasonable tools for a fairly decent price. I have never had any problem with getting stock from them and their extended guarantees can be useful if somewhat difficult to claim on. If you feel so strongly about their sales methods that it fine by me, but please do not spoil this for others who might find it useful

• Like 1

I'm with you Badwolf, nothing wrong with Aldi/Lidl stuff..... If you have the all important till reciept you have no trouble at all in returning stuff, broken or simply not wanted.  Thank you for starting this thread :) it's great if we can get there early to get stuff before it goes. As it happens Aldi do mail order, spend over £20 and postage is free so you dont even have to leave your massage chairs Doug and Pete :)  

Tony. 

• Like 2

Sorry Richard, forgot to reply to you. I have the 20v SDS hammer drill, a fearsome beast. Makes light work of drilling holes in brick etc. I also have the 20v 'misc tools' thingy for sawing downwards through tongue & groove planks etc. It is great and uses the same battery. I'm sure the impact driver will be just as good. I am waitng for their 20v lightweight drill to come up. A friend has one, but he keeps asking for it back!!

Oh, dear, I didn't mean to slight anyone, no bad vibes, just that it seemed a futile scheme, for the reason I gave.

If Lidl do stock bargain tools nationally and we can pick the cherries, fine, but if I go to Lidl many times on a futile journey, then GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR!  I wont live any longer!

John

ALDI from 26/09/2019

Selection of DIY tools including 24litre compressor, 12v hand compressor, welding helmet, angle grinder, flap discs, slitting discs and loads of other tools that might be useful

https://www.aldi.co.uk/c/specialbuys/dates/2019-09-26?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ADIY&lowerBound=1&upperBound=200&text=

• Thanks 2

Lidl on Thursday..... Car cover for outdoors, i dont think i would use it outdoor? But for £9.99p must be good for indoors. I will be getting one for my latest edition as being in the sticks, fly poo is a problem, more so as the car is white.

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/p/car-essentials/ultimate-speed-full-car-cover/p25471

Tony.

1 hour ago, poppyman said:

fly poo is a problem, more so as the car is white.

sorry is the poppyman or poopyman :lol:

have the same problem around here, what with living on a farm an all.

re. lifespan of car covers.. the most common problems, if tied down securely, are hard points on the car which try to poke through the cover, and UV breakdown of the very thin waterproof outer membrane of the cheaper covers.  The solution to the first is pretty obvious in-so-much as as padding can be used under the cover to soften those edges.  I also use insulating pipe wrap tubes under my cover just to lift it off the roof to provide an air gap for ventilation.  And the issue of UV degradation might be solved with covers which are just £9.99 by fitting two  ..the outer one being sacrificial but providing shade protection for the one underneath.  .. Just a thought   

1 hour ago, Bfg said:

sorry is the poppyman or poopyman :lol:

have the same problem around here, what with living on a farm an all.

Nice to know the sod's dont just single my cars out Bfg :) poopyman during the summer, now coming up to mouseman :( Farm next door... It does get funny though if i have missed a bit and someone trys to rub it off with their fingers.....

Tony.

• Like 1

Bought the covers this morning but as usual they're NOT on offer over here, just off the shelf at £11.99. I reckoned medium for the GT6, large for the TR7 and XL for the Herald Estate. They'll be used more indoors than out so I'll be really only using them as dust covers, not outdoor waterproof covers.

UPDATE: I've now fitted one of the covers to the GT6 to protect from the rustproofing on the TR7 just in front. This one was medium and is too big even for the GT6; I'd guess that small would suffice for the likes of a Spitfire. The XL is going to drown the Estate.

DSCF7279.jpg.4844df8dd5ab739389f40aa8023c237b.jpg

There's no differentiation between outside and inside so you have to work out the orientation of the straps and assume they're attached to the inside. Good luck finding the bit that says: front.There's also no inner lining, it's just all the one material right through.

Now: the bits they don't tell you until you read the instructions! (Obviously: don't put it over a wet vehicle, or use it in high winds.)

This cover is intended for short term coverage of vehicles - a few days. For longer term coverage it should be removed at least weekly and checked for condensation. Do not use on convertibles with fabric roofs to avoid mould. Do not use after your car's paintwork has been waxed... etc etc. There are seventeen warnings.

On the plus side it does have a three-year warranty provided you have the receipt.

So: overall, good for an indoor dust cover; for outdoors it's not a long term garage-substitute. I think I'll cover the GT6 with an old bed sheet and then the cover, just to be safe.

• Like 1

Two lidls visited to try and get the battery impact wrench - none in stock but plenty of the mains powered ones. Thought Id see what was available on eBay and it seems the lidl wrench is being resold at nearly £100 each. Ill wait till next time.