LIDL/ALDI TOOLS

Badwolf

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, PeteH said:

Among this Mornings Haul:-

image.png.e24ef4dd7e7f94c3ec2237608e10502c.png

Charged and tried, Took the wheel nuts off OK!. See how it goes for my relativly limmited uses.

Pete

I bought a lidl versin last year, ver pleased with it especially for wheelnuts. 3 dugga duggas is nice and tight (possibly too tight for std wheelnuts, I am on m12 stuff) saying that, it has a variable torque setting. And a BIG battery, but only the one.

11 hours ago, clive said:

I bought a lidl versin last year, ver pleased with it especially for wheelnuts. 3 dugga duggas is nice and tight (possibly too tight for std wheelnuts, I am on m12 stuff) saying that, it has a variable torque setting. And a BIG battery, but only the one.

Yes, only the one battery with this. But they are made by a German company?. Who if I remember correctly will supply via `tinternet?. (or would pre Brexit). The biggest advantage I can see, is not having to run miles of hose and fire up the compressor when working in the front yard. The alternative being to shift the Motorhome every time.

Pete

1 hour ago, PeteH said:

Yes, only the one battery with this. But they are made by a German company?. Who if I remember correctly will supply via `tinternet?. (or would pre Brexit). The biggest advantage I can see, is not having to run miles of hose and fire up the compressor when working in the front yard. The alternative being to shift the Motorhome every time.

Pete

Lidl and aldi are different manufacturers, but both seem pretty good, and have 3yr warranty. You don't get that anywhere else! Won't be made in germany, but heard stuff about erbauer, einhell and other brands, all OK stuff but not pro quality. (I have erbauer stuff for work, having had tools stolen, I won't buy top end stuff)

Yes, much more convenient than air powered stuff. But it is easy to get sucked in. The week after I got the wrench, lidl were selling a small circular saw and multi-tool/cutter, both "bare" but very cheap. So bought the,. And while I was there a couple of smaller 2AH batteries, only a tenner each. Later a drill to use solely in the garage as my work ones are often elsewhere. That came with a battery and charger. I want a battery sds drill for work....

You all know my comments on the Lidl range. I assume that the Aldi is just as good. Three year warranty and, as I have found in the past, expensive tools break (explode!!) just as nicely as cheap ones when dropped from a height onto concrete but the cheap ones don't hurt the wallet as much. As for the Aldi battery chargers which were/are in around now, wouldn't want to be without them at £13 a go.

Years ago, I had an Aldi Computer (Medion). At in excess of 2 years they replaced a Hard drive which failed FOC, RTB apart from send postage. Which I though  was excellent. It`s still doing duty, though now in "reserve" as it wont run (some) modern stuff despite being upgraded to windows 10.

Pete

just done some shopping at Aldi  its 300yds away   Yippee 

one of the local regular staff has just completed 20 years service with Aldi  and she got a certificate 

of recognition as a download to print it off at home   yes   REALLY  !!!!  thats pretty crasse 

why do long service staff get such poor returns of loyalty   

but not even a card out the card rack  

so much for looking after staff

Pete

1 hour ago, Pete Lewis said:

why do long service staff get such poor returns of loyalty

I've recently hit ten years in my current job. The HR lady emailed me to ask where I would like her to get me a £30 gift voucher for. I gave a couple of (slightly unusual) options. I still haven't received the voucher, though.

Bought with my Long Service Award.

It’s taken a bit of practice, but the welds are now acceptable.

very different from MIG welding, a bit like OxyAcetelene with a flame that can be turned on and off at the press of a button 

77003C36-F12F-4BE2-BA75-079CF956D125.jpeg

• 2 months later...

Just come back from Lidl with two pairs of great safety shoes. £18.00 per pair. Limited stock at my local branch and I have no idea how long they will last, but must be better than the pair of normal hi-tec trainers that I have at the moment which are rubbish and weren't cheap (for once!!)

https://www.lidl.co.uk/en/online-leaflets/02-06-08-06-lidl-weekly-e84946/view/flyer/page/24

23 hours ago, Badwolf said:

two pairs of great safety shoes. £18.00 per pair.

Down the railway where I work I teach Personal Track Safety and always advocate the wearing of safety boots when appropriate. I usually recommend people get safety chukka boots from Toolstation which cost about £12 a pair. 

9 hours ago, Stratton Jimmer said:

Is that the same product as Bad Wolf saw?, If so, how does one find the cheaper deal?. I assumed Tool Station web site, is the same for everyone?.

Apologies, if I should find out what a URL, is, before asking.

Thanks

The boots that Stratton J posted the web address for are an excellent price but are clearance lines and there are only a couple of pairs in certain branches and they are not available via t'interweb. I am very happy with my Lidl ones, except that I have now got them dirty!!

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...