Resale colours

Sws999

14 hours ago, Sws999 said:

If anyone from this neck of the woods would like to contact me I would be more than pleased. 

Devon has two very active Local Areas I think the Southern one met in Newton Abbot and is nearest to Tavistock.

https://www.tssc.org.uk/tssc/areas_final.asp?area_ID=47&area=South West, Devon

Doug

I had a white Vitesse, which was resprayed Red. Most of my "other" cars have been Fords.

A Powder blue Escourt, and a Maroon one and a White, Green, Yellow, and multicoloured too, 5 or 6 in all. Most where "Rally" victim`s. The Spot welds where an issue, being thrashed around Forest Stages, and cuddling the ocasional tree. (Over-Enthusastic amatur!!. me back when.)

A Green Mini Van. hand painted blue. White Mini Estate. Two Red Mk111 Cortina`s. The List goes on and on. All different colours, my Current "modern wheels" is Black. SWMBO had a Bright Orange M2 2liter Capri, you needed sunglasses for that one!.

Not a real Fan of Brown. The Dolly, so coloured, was stolen and trashed on the Pirbright Ranges.

Life can be multicoloured.👍😁 and too short to worry what colour it is so long as it drives and gives "joy".

Pete

personally going by my own experience , white or red sells i normally only keep my classics a year then move on to the next, have had trouble selling a green spitfire, mimosa yellow stag, and a maroon m g b . going to take a chance with my herald 12/50 coifer green only because it is so original just going to receive a white flash down the sides . usually would be out with the spray gun  red or white . paul

This morning I spotted an advert for an Aston Martin DB6 in a colour described as 'beautiful burnt almond'. In the picture you can see that it is a cunning renaming of a colour that is clearly poo brown.

This reminded me of a paint shop in Lewes that gives creative names to their custom colours; my favourite is a muddy pink colour called 'prosthetic limb'

Adrian 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Adrian Cooper said:

This morning I spotted an advert for an Aston Martin DB6 in a colour described as 'beautiful burnt almond'. In the picture you can see that it is a cunning renaming of a colour that is clearly poo brown.

This reminded me of a paint shop in Lewes that gives creative names to their custom colours; my favourite is a muddy pink colour called 'prosthetic limb'

Adrian 

Paint is like smelly candles, they have some weird ideas. I saw candles recently called 'Moonrise', 'Dawn' and 'Sadness'. What on earth does Moonrise smell like? Round here it depends on what they've sprayed on the fields. I know sadness is an empty box of Maltesers, but it may vary from person to person.

Emulsion Paint also comes in Dead Salmon, Cats Paw, Pigeon and Mouse's Back. Ford had car colours called Freudian Gilt and Anti-Establishment Mint, but Opel had one called A Star Is Brown and Rolls Royce called their brown New Sable.

• Haha 1

My Runabout is Black, That needs careful handling in to-days society. Noir?. Even more care in Spanish - Negro?.

Do I get it re-sprayed perhaps? would a Red one be more politically Correct? Would a pink one earn kudo`s with the alternative society?.

😁 Matron, Screens, he`s off again.

Pete

19 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Paint is like smelly candles, they have some weird ideas. I saw candles recently called 'Moonrise', 'Dawn' and 'Sadness'. What on earth does Moonrise smell like? Round here it depends on what they've sprayed on the fields. I know sadness is an empty box of Maltesers, but it may vary from person to person.

Emulsion Paint also comes in Dead Salmon, Cats Paw, Pigeon and Mouse's Back. Ford had car colours called Freudian Gilt and Anti-Establishment Mint, but Opel had one called A Star Is Brown and Rolls Royce called their brown New Sable.

For house interiors, grey in its  many shades,  still seems to be  “ In” (to use a very out- of- date expression)

One of the most popular is,  to my unsophisticated eye,  a sort of beige/ grey that goes by the name of  “Elephant’s breath”

That  doesn’t convey a colour  to me.

More an image of being engulfed in an enormous cloud of hot  splattery halitosis.

PS .. Returning to the topic ( and I must say a very reasonable question to ask in my opinion!)

Definitely.. Red.

taxis - black

Buses, post boxes, Royal mail vans ..red.

Sports cars .. Red