Famous Vitesse owners

andycouchman_5147

Anyone any ideas on famous Vitesse owners? All I have so far is TV's Shaw Taylor (Police 5), actor Trudie Goodwin (June Ackland in The Bill) and racing driver Richard Attwood.

There must a be a lot more - current or past. Any suggestions?

Looking for this for something I'm writing up on the car.

Thanks all.

Andy

• 2 weeks later...
On 13/12/2020 at 17:04, andycouchman_5147 said:

Anyone any ideas on famous Vitesse owners? All I have so far is TV's Shaw Taylor (Police 5), actor Trudie Goodwin (June Ackland in The Bill) and racing driver Richard Attwood.

There must a be a lot more - current or past. Any suggestions?

Looking for this for something I'm writing up on the car.

Thanks all.

Andy

I can’t remember what her full name was. It might have been Fiona Twickenham, or Fiona Goring ( something Thameside related anyway ) but she had a red Vitesse convertible with chrome wire wheels and a white roof. When I lived in a flat above an antique shop in Westbourne Grove, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea , she was dating the owner of the shop. The car was generally to be seen parked outside on most Saturday nights, but it was gone by early on the Sunday morning, although I never heard it start up.  I always reckoned that in order to avoid publicity, the boyfriend would bump start it down the slightly sloping road opposite number 209 where he had the shop. Mind you, the car was enough to catch the eye, let alone it’s number plate, which was PEN 15.   She later had a red Ferrari Dino 246 to which she transferred the plate. I had a yellow 246 at the time.  I always tried to park mine either in front or behind hers, but parking was a bugger even then.  One time I was able to park mine nearly opposite on the other side of the road.  I got up at sparrows fart on one Sunday morning and sat in my Dino waiting for her to appear. I’m not sure even now why I bothered, although she was very hot, hot, hot, so why not give it a go, eh ?   Eventually, at about noon, she finally appeared wearing a very short white crocheted mini skirt, not a lot of underwear, if any, and knee length white patent leather high heeled boots. I was so stiff ( from sitting in the Dino for hours on end !!!! ) that I more fell out rather than got out of my car, nearly losing a door to a passing number 15 bus. I staggered and crawled across the road and cried out something crap like “ Hi Fiona, I think that a red one is much better than a yellow one, don’t you ? “, only to receive the reply “ F—k off, you w——r ! “.   Back in those days I thought that I  was God’s gift to women, but clearly not this one !   Shortly afterwards I replaced the Dino with a 1967 Austin Healey 3000 . I don’t know if it would have pulled Fiona Marlow, but it sure as s—t pulled every other bit of King’s Road totty.

13 minutes ago, Ascalon said:

I can’t remember what her full name was. It might have been Fiona Twickenham, or Fiona Goring ( something Thameside related anyway ) but she had a red Vitesse convertible with chrome wire wheels and a white roof. When I lived in a flat above an antique shop in Westbourne Grove, Royal Borough of Kensington and Chelsea , she was dating the owner of the shop. The car was generally to be seen parked outside on most Saturday nights, but it was gone by early on the Sunday morning, although I never heard it start up.  I always reckoned that in order to avoid publicity, the boyfriend would bump start it down the slightly sloping road opposite number 209 where he had the shop. Mind you, the car was enough to catch the eye, let alone it’s number plate, which was PEN 15.   She later had a red Ferrari Dino 246 to which she transferred the plate. I had a yellow 246 at the time.  I always tried to park mine either in front or behind hers, but parking was a bugger even then.  One time I was able to park mine nearly opposite on the other side of the road.  I got up at sparrows fart on one Sunday morning and sat in my Dino waiting for her to appear. I’m not sure even now why I bothered, although she was very hot, hot, hot, so why not give it a go, eh ?   Eventually, at about noon, she finally appeared wearing a very short white crocheted mini skirt, not a lot of underwear, if any, and knee length white patent leather high heeled boots. I was so stiff ( from sitting in the Dino for hours on end !!!! ) that I more fell out rather than got out of my car, nearly losing a door to a passing number 15 bus. I staggered and crawled across the road and cried out something crap like “ Hi Fiona, I think that a red one is much better than a yellow one, don’t you ? “, only to receive the reply “ F—k off, you w——r ! “.   Back in those days I thought that I  was God’s gift to women, but clearly not this one !   Shortly afterwards I replaced the Dino with a 1967 Austin Healey 3000 . I don’t know if it would have pulled Fiona Marlow, but it sure as s—t pulled every other bit of King’s Road totty.

I should have also said that she was renowned for appearing in raunchy shows and movies, and was, in her day, a household name.   A mate of mine has just dropped in for a quick snifter. He maintains that her surname was Richmond.  I’m not so sure, I think it might have been either Mortlake or Putney.

I’m the second owner of my Mk2 Vitesse if you exclude the Triumph garages where I assume it was a demo, or traded in, the previous private owner to me was the Marquis of Zetland estate, where it was a year fill in vehicle for his young lordship till his MGB GT arrived obviously they had NO Class!

Fiona lived near Maidenhead for awhile, used to see her about in a Roller with the plate FU2.

Typed in famous Triumph car owners and got a thread of a bloke trying find them. So far all  he’s got is Tippy Hedron, Spitfire and a bloke who once played in a band that supported Radio Head on Tour.😆

db

47 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

So far all  he’s got is Tippy Hedron,

Hers was good for pulling The Birds... :)

Bet she had fun keeping the paintwork clean....

Fiona Richmonds was FU2 which was on a variety of cars, now owned by Billy Smart of Circus fame. PEN 15 is for sale at £99, 999.

I found that out by a quick Net search, and it's funny but despite searching for other things all day on the same browser, Microsoft TWICE gave me a popup asking me to accept cookies, once because I searched for PEN 15 and the other because I searched for PEN 1 S which was allegedly never issued. Big Brother is definitely watching...

Yes, John Lennon passed his test in a Mini but then he borrowed a Herald from a producer for a photoshoot on the same day, then dented it against a bollard and ran away without telling. "Imagine there's some filler, it's easy if you try, just mix it well and, it don't take long to dry..." He was supposed to be a dire driver and preferred to be chauffeur driven.

650215-beatles_03.jpg.53910bc1eed7966fe7d80a78a2cce9da.jpg

Ref; the Beatles. Run down down shed/garage/bodyshop near Staines in the 80`s. Grotty rusty Mini being re-furbed. Being curious I asked Why?. I`d have crushed it!!. Not with this history was the reply. This one was Bought by John Lennon who had it resprayed Pink, (you could see some Pink bits) As a Birthday Pressy for Cynthia. Never knew if it actually made it back on the road.

Pete