Socket for dashboard bezel.

68vitesse

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

OK - I know I left school a long, long time ago..... but what the hell is a 'cattle' as a unit of force

"NOTE! ! ABS plastic can't replace the hardness of steel. It is recommended to use the appropriate force when working (maximum strength should not exceed 500 cattle)"

Looking at that link Badwolf posted a Cattle Unit is also called an Animal Unit or AU
AU is used as the internet code for Australia.
It is also a model of Ford Falcon built in Melbourne Australia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Falcon_(AU)#:~:text=The Ford Falcon (AU) is,the luxury-oriented model range.
Down the road in Port Melbourne was where the Australians assembled Triumphs at the Fishermans Bend plant
https://pocketozmelbourne.com.au/lost-fishermans-ami.html

AU is also the symbol for gold which has very little to do with any of my Triumphs

I had a Falcon Fairmont AU in 2001 a 6 potter but it had all the extra’s I only kept them on average a year as the lease was 45,000 klm and I did more than that a year! Only problem was the central locking would switch on and off repeatedly on very hot days(37+) they changed from a Ford unit to Bosch and all fixed

I make my own bezel tools.  Requires a bit of turning/drilling/Knurling & milling but end up with a nice tool

You could always use a round piece of wood.  Use small nails trimmed to size.  Easy.

Roger

As said before - the difference between the pins on an angle grinder spanner and the rose indents is small.  A squeeze in the vice and the handle bent 90 degrees does it for me.  There is already a space for the switch to sit in. 

I don't do pics, otherwise I would show you mine.

C.

Just a point to mention, I used water pump?, plumbers?, adjustable on the pivot, wide jaw, pliers on an ignition bevel, with a bit of cloth to protect the chrome.

I was maybe a bit heavy handed, though it squeezed the bevel out of round a bit and wouldn't do up. Managed to carefully squeeze it back to round though and just did it up hand tight (though is now gradually shifting clockwise, especially if another person uses car).