LIDL/ALDI TOOLS

Badwolf

• 4 months later...

In light of recent of panic buying UK supermarkets have introduced purchase limits. Asda: 2 hand sanitisers, 24 toilet rolls max. Tesco: 1 Hand sanitiser, 18 toilet rolls & 2kg rice. Co-op: 12 rolls toilet paper, 1Kg rice. Aldi: 2 Trumpets, 1 diving suit & a MIG welder.

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...

Just got back from doing the weekly Lidl shop. Two strictly non-essential items which were actually featured on last weeks specials. 20v batteries for their range of Parkside x20v team tools and a very handy cordless compressor and air pump kit. The compressor looks great for tyres, footballs and stuff like that without the need for running cables from the mains or car battery. The air pump for air beds and other 'inflatables' (door left open for that 'other' web site!!). Comes with a range of adapters.  Battery is not included with kit but you can use one from other x20v tools

Not tried them yet but I will post a review soon.

Tried the hand compressor yesterday. Set the device to the pressure needed, attached to tyre and off we go. Wonderful bit of kit. Tells you the current pressure in the tyre, inflates to the preset pressure and shuts off. Also has a built in led to light what you are doing. Highly recommended. Now to try the inflator on that strange blow up object in the cupboard.

• 3 months later...

Just bought a new vacuum for the garage from Lidl. Another solid bit of kit. Does dry or wet so great for spills. Not sure about solvents but great suction, steel drum, selection of tools plus a handy adaptor to hook up the tubes on sanders and stuff like that. Also has 6 wheels so doesn't get pulled over easily.

• 4 months later...

If you are in the market for a colour inkjet printer have a look at the Epson currently on offer at Aldi...

https://www.aldi.co.uk/epson-ecotank-l3110/p/710044434457800

It is an 'ecotank' which means no cartridges. You just fill up the reservoirs with ink as needed and it comes with a decent sized bottle of each colour plus 2 bottles of black. If you need wifi, forget it, USB only. Decent quality prints. Full A4 colour HQ takes about a minute. In draft/document printing its fairly quick. Its a bit 'plasticky' in the build and uses an old fashioned method of paper feeding but at £130 including the ink is decent value. You can also get compatible ink off fleabay for about £8.00 for a set of 4 but I haven't tried those. I will probably stick to the expensive OEM inks for about  £25.00/set on fleabay with an offer of 3 sets for the price of 2. No problem loading drivers via cd. Works well for me at the moment.

ive had a ecotank 4500 for 2 years never  needs a refill  i get my bottles from the cartridge people

used half a bottle of black to top up in two years and i do a go deal of area club printing 

no more silly half filled cartridges at vast £££   or repro's thst wont work 

these are vastly cheap to run 

Pete

5 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

I am very pleased with mine up to now, but there are some really stupid reviews on the Aldi web site. Don't potential buyers do any research before buying stuff like this?

You do wonder at some reviewers; I'm surprised someone didn't mark it down as it didn't spell their letters correctly. :)

19 minutes ago, Badwolf said:

Don't potential buyers do any research before buying stuff like this?

I happened to look at the reviews of a 2KW fan heater. Top of the list were two "Don't buy this potentially lethal, dangerous product" ones. In both cases, their complaint was that the 2KW fan heater had "nearly set fire" to the 5A rated multi-way mains spreader they had plugged it into. I'm fairly sure both devices would include a "don't ever do that" in their instruction books.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...

Not a tool but LIDL have car boot bags in this week for £3.99 that fit nicely in the floor pan behind the seats in a GT6 MKIII.  Quite substantial construction for the price and much tidier than a box of tools and spares sliding around in the rear load bay.  Have handles as well so they can easily be transfered to other cars.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, ChrisJB said:

Not a tool but LIDL have car boot bags in this week for £3.99 that fit nicely in the floor pan behind the seats in a GT6 MKIII.  

£3.99? Is that the black 'Car Boot Bag' with the strip of velcro along the back and the two velcro press-studs included? ? Very nice but cost me £4.99 locally! (Also some enterprising chap is selling them on eBay for £6.99 plus £3 postage....) They'll suit our cars very well.

I called in to Lidl on Wednesday and the tool section was empty; no tools, no power tools, no garage equipment or DIY stuff at all. I don't know if it's supply problems or due to Covid regulations.

s-l1600-109.thumb.jpg.0a5f9007ba23ad9591d81f0ee99d7ee4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Well, my LIDL / Parkside cordless multi-grinder died this week.... the collar on the shank seems to have worn and won't tighten any more. Three years I got out of it, although the font bearing has been screaming for the last two.

I found the budget brands make savings in build costs with lubrication, but if taken apart when new and their gearbox is greased properly and with a drip or two of oil on the bearings - they do last well.

On 06/12/2020 at 12:02, Pete Lewis said:

like many sites some reviews are completely daft  is this   dyson a hoover !!

does this wall shelf fit on a wall

how long is the mains lead on this battery hedge trimmer 

there are some  silly  /odd people about   keep  taking the pills  

This one is almost funny if the guy hadn't marked an item three stars, which he hasn't bought and never used, and is only spamming reviews to get his post total up... so it's a bit unfair to the product.

1919519925_ScreenShot2021-01-18at14_19_49.png.66ff94283b35cc2eb45e05b72c4c8a4b.png