The Apocalypse

dougbgt6

Main Belfast to Dublin Road closed due to flooding, lightning has just hit some transmitter or other in the area so the telly has gone off, and I'm thinking of lighting the stove for the first time since March. This is the rain we were all so desperate for last week, and now it's here, we all want the heatwave back again.... :)

I'm going to miss beer on the patio this evening, though.... it was becoming a habit....

8 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Ooooooo! French Blue :rolleyes:

If the Number of the Beast is actually 616 you haven't got a problem. However, I would lower the number plate as it's blocking airflow to the radiator, which is a potential problem. :lol:

db

666 - number of the beast. 

667 - fax number of the beast. 

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

If the Number of the Beast is actually 616 you haven't got a problem. However, I would lower the number plate as it's blocking airflow to the radiator, which is a potential problem. :lol:

db

Strangely enough, despite the GT6 reputation for overheating, that is one problem that I have not experienced since buying the car.

John,

Uncle Pete has enthused about the Red Leather Group on here and I believe it WAS a TSSC thing. So you're right, I just couldn't make the connection, it's the heat!  I did have a red velvet suit which I wore regularly to work in the 60/70s, those were the days!

Mark,

I was surprised, my temperature gauge sat steadily at half way on a long run, but once I lowered my number plate dropped half a division.

Doug

Doug, I take it you've finally fixed the chameleon circuit and got your TARDIS looking like a GT6. (Is it REALLY bigger on the inside?)

I'd have thought, with your time-travelling powers, you'd have aged better. :ph34r:

Cheers, Richard

PS: Off-topic - I saw the Atlas yesterday. It's finally got its 2-tone paint. Perhaps the apocalypse is imminent!

Photo0496.jpg

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, ShaunW said:

666 - number of the beast. 

667 - fax number of the beast. 

THAT reminds me of the old joke about the woman who was trying to contact Police, but there was no answer to the 999 number, so she dialled 998 and asked them to run next door and tell the Police there was an emergency...

alternatively:

Thank you for calling The Beast. Please choose carefully from the following options. Calls may be recorded in order to improve our service.

If your number is about Hell or sin, please press 1.

If your query is about the apocalypse, please press 2.

If you would like to book a suitable date to raise the Devil, please press 3.

For all other enquiries, please hold.

drove the herald down the A14 M6 to the Triumpfest yesterday, very heavy rain on the way there and back (and at the hill). Just a very wet sort of day.
First time ever I had rain coming in under the front header rail (its a convertible) dripping down onto the steering wheel and gear lever, maybe time for a new seal there....

OT how easy is it to fit a better wind screen wiper motor some thing that would give a faster wiping speed? Any ideas?

mike

I have a later 2 speed wiper motor on the Vitesse.  Fitting it wasn't particularly straight forward (there was a lengthy thread on CT about it back in 2008) and I don't find the high speed any more effective at screen clearance.

Header rail leaks...... yes.  A hood that is too tight does help either as it tends to make the header rail tip back, especially at speed when a low pressure area forms above the car.  Sudden increase in wind noise from there is another clue.  I tend to fit a strip of Duct tape along the join if I'm going out in the rain, or just going to be travelling fast with the hood up.  > 60mph is when mine gets bad - and yes the hood is too tight now - it's shrunk!

Nick

Whent on a group walk this morning, taking the Vitesse convertible, part way round heavens opened people seemed more worried about the car sitting in the car park with the roof down. Drove home with the roof down biggest problem apart from strange looks was rain on inside of screen had to keep wiping it with an old towel.

Rain still hammering down but as the say do more in your Triumph and the seats needed a clean.

Regards

Paul

• Thanks 1

So, we had enough rain to keep me from cycling or working on the Spit (or Volvo) but not enough to do the garden much good. The British are never satisfied with the weather!

I'm not making any predictions about when the Atlas is ready Pete. It's a "make some progress when work is light" job at Picton Sportscars.

Cheers, Richard

On 7/28/2018 at 11:37 AM, dougbgt6 said:

db

I have taken aboard several comments about my number plate location.  Despite not appearing to have an overheating problem the plate has now been lowered to fully expose the radiator intake.  Thanks for the advice.

DSC00479.JPG

• Thanks 2