Vitesse - New World record Price

Gary Flinn

well the strombergs are not on a 62 1600 and the novel heater hose route is original  ...to someone

upgrades should be listed  not keep bleating about the single speedo 

dont care how good its supposed to be your taking bread and butter classics out of reach

obviously someone thought its worth it    hope their dream doesnt go  pop

Pete

1 hour ago, Mathew said:

Another classic beyond my grasp! I was lucky to own two gt6's but these are too high now. Spitfires still seam low by comparison,  it must be because i own two!!!

Given that the Spitfire in the same sale went for £19k plus premium, I'm not sure that's true! 😄

Gully

It does look like a nice car - although that is a bigger price than I would ever consider paying.

the thing that stood out to me was just how low those exhausts are sitting, when I used to fit these to Herald and Vitesses the pipework would be angled upward after the diff and the back-boxes fastened much closer to the boot floor.

..... Andy 

• 2 weeks later...

If you get rid of the pound symbol and put in NZ dollar that is the same price my dads Mk1 2l convertible last sold for. 
It was sold by the owner who bought it from my dad a few years back, it has few of my parts on it!

I know what mistakes I made on that car to not remake on my own🤥

Adrian

49 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Maybe Wheeler Dealers will come back to the UK now it's becoming worth their while... :)

They already have,long saga on youtube about the fallout between MB and EC.Even Ant has gone now,some ex F1 bloke called Elvis doing it,i won`t be watching.

• 1 month later...
On 03/05/2021 at 12:15, Steve P said:

They already have,long saga on youtube about the fallout between MB and EC.Even Ant has gone now,some ex F1 bloke called Elvis doing it,i won`t be watching.

Surely there can't be any model of BMW or Porsche that they haven't restored already? Take one plastic box off the engine, attach another, replace both headlights and bingo.

• Haha 1