No fuel

cliff.b

2 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

No, I know different Jerrys all of different nationalities. Most of them can, too.

Can Can?. Carry the can? My Gran, saw two world wars, and always refered to her "underbed facility" as the "jerry"!

Pete

1 hour ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Yes but I'll bet you don't lie under your Triumph with your mouth open to catch the drips.... :)

As a 4 year old I chased my 9 month old brother who crawled under the bed at full speed. Knocked the Goosunder over and it poured through the ceiling all over the dining table laid for seven ready for dinner. Both of us were banned from that bedroom ever after.

Circa 1959 aged 14 and on holiday in England from Aus and staying at a posh hotel in York staff take us to our rooms mum leaves me in my room and goes down corridor to her room I go from my room to corridor with porcelain bowl from under bed “what’s this for mum” !

• Haha 1

For those of us old enough to remember the "Cheeky Seaside Post Cards". There where many with reference to the "Po". One such, even cheekier, Man Talking to Girl. Dog sat on pavement looking up. "speech" balloon. dog saying "and he thinks she`s a real blonde".

P.S. Locally Diesel has finally dropped below £1-80. it got to £1-81 for a few days

Pete

Whilst in France last week I read a few bits on Facebook about diesel shortages back here. However, I dropped into Tesco in Baldock on the way home from Stanstead and filled up - and wondered what on earth all the fuss was about!

Gully 

4 hours ago, Gully said:

Whilst in France last week I read a few bits on Facebook about diesel shortages back here. However, I dropped into Tesco in Baldock on the way home from Stanstead and filled up - and wondered what on earth all the fuss was about!

Gully 

This morning Baldock Tesco had no Regular and no Diesel at any pump.  I use Momentum 99 Octane anyway so I was able to fill both the GT6 and the MGB GT as all pumps were available for "Super".  There was a regular stream of SUVs driving in , slowing to look at the tags on the pumps and then haring out again. 

What is really annoying is the £99 limit on the pumps, mean don't I have to fill up n 2 goes.

luckily I didn't need to completely fill the 22- gallon tank. 😞

No limits in Colchester, £115 of diesel purchased.

No diesel in Ipswich to fill other car. 😞

I`m watching the Diesel, I still have the M-H to fill after MOT on Saturday I suspect. Damn glad its not the Old Yank ones. Mind we have been close to these prices before If I recall, back a few years?.

Pete

20 minutes ago, Colin Lindsay said:

Never got that far, the limit on the pennies in the pocket runs out long before.

In my case as the numbers in the cost window go up so does my blood pressure and heart rate so I have to stop before I collapse. . .