Best seat covers

Johno

The Newton Commercial kits for the Vitesse are excellent quality and fit well.

These where fitted to my Vitesse in 2005.

I also upgraded to modern seats with Headrest and had some replacement MGF covers off them around 2012 to match the Shadow Blue interior of my Vitesse, these too where excellent Quality and fit

Like Nigel states, not cheap but quality costs?

Vitesse Interior 3 - 2013.JPG

MGF Seats In a Vitesse.jpg

Another recommendation for Park Lane Classics- leather covers and foam kits for a GT6 Mk3 but as others have said you need to be patient with the delivery.  They were relatively easy to fit with clear instructions.  Just for interest the leather covers and foams were about the same price as a set of TR6 vinyl covers which are the next lockdown job.  Not a totally fair comparison however as the TR covers are significantly more complex and these do have a close match to the original vinyl pattern.

DSC_2265.JPG

12 hours ago, aggie said:

Everyone's cheaper than Newton but it's their kit that everyone else sells !  Rimmers, Paddocks, et al.   

Indeed.  If you are thinking of using Newton DON’T buy direct from Newton.  All the major suppliers use them and are much cheaper.

For my GT6 I actually had covers made in Leather by a local upholsterer, who did a great job (as cheap as vinyl covers). We used Newton foams and found them to be overly padded compared to the original - which you may expect - but he struggled to make them fit the covers which he had made using the originals as templates.

I put my original covers in the washing machine, to my surprise they came out fine (I was hoping they would fall apart and I would HAVE to get replacements!)  I bought Park Lane's foams and they were a good fit. 5 years later I replaced the covers with Park Lane's due to deterioration of the "cloth" facings on the old covers and the foams were still in good order.

Doug

• 2 months later...
On 30/01/2021 at 08:34, dougbgt6 said:

McE! You got Owen to do coloured leather?!!! He normally only does black, he would only do Chestnut for me if I sourced the hide. This turned out to be a minefield and I settled for vinyl. 

Doug

Yes - he sent me a number of swatches so I could choose the colour - we went for leather for the seats and vinyl for the other trim.  Took a bit of time to organise but very happy with the results.

DSC_0023.jpg