Anyone been out in their car?

Steve P

As the title says,just been for a run around Windsor/Maidenhead in the Vitesse for the first time since October,and after fitting the exhaust spacer and a tune up,also made a bracket for the electronic pickup for the speedo sensor.

Happy to report all is 100%,running sweet and speedo working again.

The joys of top down motoring in a 2.5 Vitesse.

Steve

• Like 1

Yes gave her a wipe over and cleaned the brake dust from last year , had a fast bash down the  A6  Barton cutting and blew the cobwebs away on the way back up i wont mention the speed ,  sainsbugs for £40 of super at £1.06p ltr and home James dont spare the horses  she is running as good as ever.

we are planning an outing keeping our distance the only snag is finding any place with the comfort break not being closed ...we all need a pee at some time 

but a run will happen , visions of trailer and portaloo  comes to mind 

Pete

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

not feeling very flush right now  !

Hope it has a catch tank, wouldnt want the wipers to cope with the spray if a following wind

Pete

The catch tank is the washer bottle Pete, cant have waste can wee  :) 

Tony. 

4 hours ago, Mjit said:

Currently on the weekly run (i.e. parked in the supermarket car park and right now queueing to get innto the supermarket itself).

We did our weekly supermarket run this afternoon. It was sunny and SWMBO dressed in a flowery top that she described as "70s". So obviously we took the GT6.

I was in my 2000...which looking underneath on my return still has a *!#$ing gearbox oil leak!!!!

First run post gearbox rebuild lost most of the oil...because someone had forgotten to tighten the overdrive solonoid 😒

Second run post gearbox rebuild was dripping a little, which I put down to over filling, doing it with just the front jacked up.

Yesterday run...not overfilling then.  Queue a lunch time jacking the car up and getting under to try and work out where the hell it's coming from, as it isn't obvious.  J-type working perfectly but wondering if o rings could be leaking...which means all the oil pooring out while trying to swap it for one of my spares 🙄

Out today, Monday t shirt weather, in Vitesse convertible to get some fencing to stop rabbits eating my plants, if that doesn't work and I can't eat the fruit and vegetables will try rabbit pie instead and eat them that way.

Regards

Paul

19 minutes ago, 68vitesse said:

Out today, Monday t shirt weather, in Vitesse convertible to get some fencing to stop rabbits eating my plants, if that doesn't work and I can't eat the fruit and vegetables will try rabbit pie instead and eat them that way.

Regards

Paul

Good luck with the fencing Paul, don't forget to go down 18 inches with the netting.... I only went 6 inches down and little b*stards went under. Still, fresh rabbit does taste nice......

Tony.

Driven twice to the post box in two months, but today 400 miles to Scotland! OMG!!! There are some lunatics about, rules no longer apply apparently. Inevitably  spectacular accidents, a coach on it’s side across thee lanes and diversions. 

Doug

13 hours ago, poppyman said:

go down 18 inches with the netting.... I only went 6 inches down and little b*stards went under.

Can I suggest 18" a bit excessive, easier to go down 8" then bend it flat towards where they approach from.  They run to the fence, dig, come across the flat piece and depart.  Worked for me doing the vermin control on a large rural school and some other properties. Dick

3 hours ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Can I suggest 18" a bit excessive, easier to go down 8" then bend it flat towards where they approach from.  They run to the fence, dig, come across the flat piece and depart.  Worked for me doing the vermin control on a large rural school and some other properties. Dick

A bit late now Dick, veg patch already done. Wont be doing the garden one and a half acres a bit too much, i will let them play there :)  Now, any tip's on badgers!!!!

Tony.

21 hours ago, dougbgt6 said:

Driven twice to the post box in two months, but today 400 miles to Scotland! OMG!!! There are some lunatics about, rules no longer apply apparently.

What, like the fact in Scotland, unlike England, the rule is still "Only esscential journeys"...?  Unless you actually did just do 400 miles TO Scotland and not cross the border.

6 hours ago, poppyman said:

Now, any tip's on badgers!!!!

Tony,   Cloth soaked in Jeyes Fluid is not to their liking, if you know where they are entering (tracks etc) it makes it easier to position the rags.  This is some thread drift,  but being as the boat is not in the water makes a change from re-plumbing the fuel lines on the GT6 in glorious weather! Dick

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Dick Twitchen said:

Tony,   Cloth soaked in Jeyes Fluid is not to their liking, if you know where they are entering (tracks etc) it makes it easier to position the rags.  This is some thread drift,  but being as the boat is not in the water makes a change from re-plumbing the fuel lines on the GT6 in glorious weather! Dick

I will give that a try Dick....... I feel like pouring in down the set grrrrrr.... fed up with the lawn looking like a grenade has gone off :( 

Tony.

3 hours ago, Mjit said:

What, like the fact in Scotland, unlike England, the rule is still "Only esscential journeys"...?  Unless you actually did just do 400 miles TO Scotland and not cross the border.

I drove to Coldstream which is on the border and yes, drove 1/4 mile to mother’s care home. Scottish Rozzers pre confirmed this was acceptable, in the circumstances.

Doug

• Like 1

Getting out and about in mine virtually daily at present. Even got odd looks at the garden centre yesterday as a couple where wondering how I was going to get 6 back of bark into the car. Easy, 3 in boot and 3 on back seat. could have got a 4th in the boot. 😁

Loading a convertible back seat is just so easy, just thought if I had removed the seat I could have got another bag there as well.

So that is 8, then there is the front passenger seat. . .

NO. Better to do 2 or 3 trips much more fun 😁

12 hours ago, Colin Lindsay said:

'Out' in mine this afternoon... out in the garage that is, sitting making vroom vroom noises. Does that count?

EC24E67B-1777-41E6-B85E-AC634822CF13_1_105_c.jpg.99d05d1a3e4dc3ddf64e51af2571373a.jpg

Sadly, that's the same as my situation at the moment. Vit stuck in the garage - arse in the air (oo-er missus!)- finishing off Roto - to CV Driveshaft conversion !

Gav