Anyone been out in their car?

Steve P

25 minutes ago, dougbgt6 said:

Just been to ASDA as the modern range down to 15 miles. :o 16 pumps, all occupied. I'm the only one in mask and gloves. :( We're doomed!

Doug

You were the sensible one Doug.... A piece by Jeremy Clarkson  made sense. If a bloke stands naked next to you and has a p*ss, you will get wet!! If he is wearing underpants you wont... Makes perfect sense to me.

Tony. 

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Been for a run in the Vitesse today,last time i went down the coast i noticed suspension noise from the front nearside,and again today,i had a look and discovered the wishbone bushes are toast.

I have a polybush kit for my 13/60 on the shelf so i may use those,rubber seems absolute cr4p nowadays.

Going to try and do it before Duxford.

Steve

On 11/07/2020 at 14:32, poppyman said:

You were the sensible one Doug.... A piece by Jeremy Clarkson  made sense. If a bloke stands naked next to you and has a p*ss, you will get wet!! If he is wearing underpants you wont... Makes perfect sense to me.

Tony. 

So: wear underpants to the petrol pump. 0k.

underwear-on-head.jpg.2e31b5bf46ec13c9669544be833ab89e.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I've been out in my car, but not 'out' in my car... sad, but yes, sat in the garage and listened to the music. Went out to the shops yesterday morning and got checked by the local Police Covid team.

"Is your journey really necessary?" Well, yes, the potatoes were, but the apple turnovers weren't for me and I keep telling her that she needs to cut down...

So a Quick "ninja" style forey to Aldi @ 07:31am. Ski Mask and Gloved, so no DNA evidence, 17 items, Quick look in the "Boys Toys" section, Nothing to report. Back home by 08:25. No sign of the "covid plod". Probably too early, They still on the tea and biccies?. or keeping "obbo" on the "buttie" van in Wikke`s car park?.

Pete

• 1 month later...

Haven’t been out in mine for a few weeks but we have a few sunny, dry days coming up so very tempted.

The roads here in Sussex are coated white with salt but presumably it’s pretty safe if they’re dry and, therefore, there is no spray?

Anyone risking it at the moment?

Paul

I went out in the GT6 last Saturday to give it a good run. The roads were dry and salt washed off by the torrential rain a couple of days earlier. The first few attempted flakes of snow were falling as I got back, arriving home about 15 min before the gritters were due out (Herts have a great online service that tells you when they are gritting, which routes and 8g or 15g deposit). Gave the wheel arches a wipe out afterwards, but they were clean and dry anyway.

Gully

29 minutes ago, Pete Lewis said:

just been 30mins in the workshop winnowing down some  used parrot seed  ruddy freezing

I planted some of that, it never grew.

We finally got snow today, wind is bitter and quite high. Was out cleaning up an early white Herald speedo, but the glue has solidified in the garage so won't stick the new rubber seals for me. I'm debating using it in the Herald, but think it's non-stabilised so need to see if my fuel tank sender is a match; other than that it should read the same speed as any other Herald. If I go over the indicated 80mph I'll be amazed.

• 2 weeks later...

No gritting of the roads in Herts over the past few days, despite the air frosts. https://www.hertfordshire.gov.uk/services/highways-roads-and-pavements/roadworks-and-road-closures/severe-weather/gritting-the-road/gritting-routes.aspx

I took the GT6 for a quick run around the local estate roads on Saturday morning to warm the oil before completing an oil change. Then a slightly longer run around lunchtime to the supermarket for fuel and to check for leaks and seeps.

Gully